OT: Our attempts at Karaoke | The Boneyard

OT: Our attempts at Karaoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
#2 on Sue's list of 25 things we didn't know about her involves those of us who take the mike
and belt out a song.
My solitary foray I chose "Like a Rolling Stone". Nobody booed and one person at the bar applauded.
How about you?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Only tried a couple of times. Not being able to sing a lick, I went with one of 2 strategies. One, sing something that pretty much amounts to yelling/screaming (Guns-n-Roses, Nickelback, AC/DC). Or when there are a lot of other heavy drinkers on the dance floor, sing something everybody knows and will sing with you (Brown Eyed Girl, Hotel California, etc.).

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Because of public opinion, I have been limited to Happy Birthday and only over the phone. I suspect it is to give the Birthday person the opportunity to move the phone out of ear shot.
How many phone's have you gone through?

Reaction Score
In my one foray into karaoke, I sang "build me up, buttercup" and brought the house down, literally. There was a small riot led by the proprietor and some ungrateful patrons. It's amazing what one can do when adrenalin kicks in.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
My go to is Pretty Woman followed up by Toby Keith's"Red, White, and Blue".

Reaction Score
I started singing Karaoke about 12 years ago. When I was young I was a really good singer with an incredible range. Didn't sing allot for about 50 years so my range went totally in the toilet. lol. Karaoke allows someone of my age to not have to worry about remembering the words. Plus my range is now back up to at least decent again.

I knew a lot of K-J's in this town so I used to go to their gigs quite a bit. I couldn't list the songs that I do. Just too many- in the 100's. I like versatility. I do any style and type. Like show tunes, R&B, Motown, Rock and Roll, Ballads and older country. I have to say that I am very versatile in that I do everything at least very well. Some of my better selections are, Al Greens " The Snake". "Always on my Mind" but like Elvis not Willie --Guy sounds too nasal. Kansas City- W. Harrellson. Chantilly lace. I used like to do impressions because I have a tendency to do the songs so they sound like the original artists. Now I say to h*ll with that and just do them my way.

Don't go to Karaoke much any more because I am not a bar person and you wait too long to sing too few songs. If I feel like singing I just set up a gig for a friend and I.

Reaction Score
I'm not allowed to sing when my grandson is in the car. I cannot Carry a tune to save my life.

Reaction Score
Because of public opinion, I have been limited to Happy Birthday and only over the phone. I suspect it is to give the Birthday person the opportunity to move the phone out of ear shot.
We "purposely" got way off key. Anything for a laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom