OT: Operation 351 Continues.... | The Boneyard

OT: Operation 351 Continues....

Reaction Score
Here is my annual post about my mission to visit every D1 campus and see a basketball game. This will be my tenth season. I am currently at 130 . The University of Western Georgia will be added this year bringing the total number of D1 clubs to 363. I average about 12 games a year.

My goals for the upcoming season (although these annual goals never come to fruition):
  • I have two UConn Big East opponents that I have yet to visit: Marquette and Creighton.
  • A visit to Nashville will include visits to Belmont, Lipscomb and Vanderbilt on three consecutive night in early November.
  • I receive a companion ticket for $99 with my American Airlines credit card. A trip to Californian coupled with a trip to Disneyland with my wife is planned. There are so many schools in that area that scheduling will not be a problem.
  • With my grandkids in Joplin, Missouri, I have one school left in a reasonable driving distance from Joplin to complete : Oral Roberts.
You can follow my travels at my blog: www.journeyto351.com.

So has been the tradition every year with this annual post, I quote Fishy who said this about my quest from the first season:

“You have no chance of doing it. But beyond that, you don’t want to. At some point, you’ll find yourself at Houston Baptist watching them host Incarnate Word wondering just why you threw your life away. Then, you’ll make your way back to your $29 a night hotel room in Cow Dick, Texas, and drown yourself in the toilet.”

Go UCONN!

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Here is my annual post about my mission to visit every D1 campus and see a basketball game. This will be my tenth season. I am currently at 130 . The University of Western Georgia will be added this year bringing the total number of D1 clubs to 363. I average about 12 games a year.

My goals for the upcoming season (although these annual goals never come to fruition):
  • I have two UConn Big East opponents that I have yet to visit: Marquette and Creighton.
  • A visit to Nashville will include visits to Belmont, Lipscomb and Vanderbilt on three consecutive night in early November.
  • I receive a companion ticket for $99 with my American Airlines credit card. A trip to Californian coupled with a trip to Disneyland with my wife is planned. There are so many schools in that area that scheduling will not be a problem.
  • With my grandkids in Joplin, Missouri, I have one school left in a reasonable driving distance from Joplin to complete : Oral Roberts.

So has been the tradition every year with this annual post, I quote Fishy who said this about my quest from the first season:

“You have no chance of doing it. But beyond that, you don’t want to. At some point, you’ll find yourself at Houston Baptist watching them host Incarnate Word wondering just why you threw your life away. Then, you’ll make your way back to your $29 a night hotel room in Cow Dick, Texas, and drown yourself in the toilet.”

Go UCONN!
FYI we're actually at 364 now as Mercyhurst is joining the NEC this year as well.

Year 15 for me. Still finalizing my options as these schedules are trickling out later this year than ever it seems. Planning a week in Cali too around Xmas where it looks like I can get 5 of the Cal system schools taken care of. Need to get to GTown this year too for the UConn game as that's my last Big East venue I haven't been to.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Just FYI - read your UNCW write up. Good stuff. You laughed that men get drunker quicker. Give it another look. The mens team plays halves while the women play quarters, hence the difference in cut off times. It’s not the gender of the drinker, it’s the gender of the players you’re watching the impacts cut off times.

Reaction Score
I remember when Fishy posted that and I still think it's the funniest thing ever said on this site...

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

Go UCONN!
Epic.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

Go UCONN!
When I first saw this post I thought it had to do with seeing games on tour in a 351 Mustang.

Reaction Score
So you'll need to do this until you're about 100 years old to get to every school? Good luck. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom