OT OKC Thunder had 3 mvps | The Boneyard

OT OKC Thunder had 3 mvps

Reaction Score
Drafted Mvps at that Sam Presti is an idiot for trading away Harden no wonder Durant left. I know the cap would've been tight but you try to figure that out rather then blowing it up. Now your stuck with a stat monster and a career loser.

Reaction Score
Ibaka got chosen oven Harden.

There was a reason why the team played better when Harden came in and ran point. Also, who knows maybe none of them would have been MVPs had they stuck together. As we all know MVP is just a year to year title that shows who had the best year on one of the best teams. Not a die hard LeBron fan but if you don't consider him the actual MVP over the past 10-15 years, you are just a hater.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

There was a reason why the team played better when Harden came in and ran point. Also, who knows maybe none of them would have been MVPs had they stuck together. As we all know MVP is just a year to year title that shows who had the best year on one of the best teams. Not a die hard LeBron fan but if you don't consider him the actual MVP over the past 10-15 years, you are just a hater.

And shaq the 10-15 years before that.

Reaction Score
OKC traded away Harden right after they made the finals which makes it even more mind boggling. Somehow GS has managed to keep their guys together thus far while adding Durant. Harden didn't accept OKC extension which is why he got traded.

Reaction Score

Actually they could have kept both of them for at least one more year if they used their amnesty waiver on Perkins.

Reaction Score
I's unfortunate but it's not like Westbrook can coexist with other NBA superstars and compete for a championship.

Do people actually believe this? I mean, I'm far from the biggest Westbrook fan, but come on.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Do people actually believe this? I mean, I'm far from the biggest Westbrook fan, but come on.
He shows time and time again that he values getting his triple double over trying to figure out how to win a championship with Kevin Durant or Carmelo Anthony and Paul George.

He's incredibly talented and fun to watch, but he's not a winning player, imo.

Mostly I just hate how overrated the triple double stat is when a player can pad his stats to get it.

Reaction Score
Also got rid of JLamb

It made no sense OKC traded for him but then gave him no chance, maybe some guys just need to find their niche with a team and it looks like Lamb has it with the Hornets playing with Kemba helps.

Reaction Score

KD had already won an MVP I could see Westbrook possibly winning one based off of stats, its doubtful Harden would have won an MVP with that group.

Reaction Score
KD had already won an MVP I could see Westbrook possibly winning one based off of stats, its doubtful Harden would have won an MVP with that group.

KD won MVP 14-15, Harden was traded to Rockets before 12-13 season. KD had won 3 straight scoring titles though while harden was on the team. If they had all three still been on the same team, KD would have been the likliest to win MVP but with Westbrook and Harden wouldn't be surprised if none of them won.

Also in regards to they chose Ibaka over Harden, they did. They could have technically kept both but didn't want to go into the luxury tax and chose to pay/keep Ibaka over Harden. Worst part is they didn't have the foresight to see the rise in the salary cap coming. Total Up and that trade right there could be the reason as to why the GSW dynasty with Durant jumping ship few years later.

huskiepride

New Kid On the block
Reaction Score
wasn't lamb part of that harden trade? Back when people thought he was gonna be something big..

lamb has really gotten better on the hornets i think he averaged around 14 ppg last year.

Reaction Score
The 3 MVP thing is telling.
It's an indictment of all 3, really.
That team had 3 of the current top 10 players in the league and they couldn't get it done.
Big takeaway is that all three lack the basic quality of making everybody around them play better as a team.
Perfect example of the sum being less than the parts.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
That team had 3 of the current top 10 players in the league and they couldn't get it done.
Big takeaway is that all three lack the basic quality of making everybody around them play better as a team.
Harden hasn’t been on OKC in like 6 years. I’m pretty sure he was coming off the bench when he was there. It’s not like they have/had current incarnations of these players.

Reaction Score

Im sure KD looked at the GS situation as something that he could've had when he was in OKC.

Reaction Score
Now if Ollie had gone to OKC would Durant have stayed and maybe Ollie gets that team over the hump :D.

Reaction Score
KD won MVP 14-15, Harden was traded to Rockets before 12-13 season. KD had won 3 straight scoring titles though while harden was on the team. If they had all three still been on the same team, KD would have been the likliest to win MVP but with Westbrook and Harden wouldn't be surprised if none of them won.

Also in regards to they chose Ibaka over Harden, they did. They could have technically kept both but didn't want to go into the luxury tax and chose to pay/keep Ibaka over Harden. Worst part is they didn't have the foresight to see the rise in the salary cap coming. Total Up and that trade right there could be the reason as to why the GSW dynasty with Durant jumping ship few years later.

Thats right I had my years messed up I was thinking the 10-11 season I forgot that Drose was the MVP that year. KD wouldve had an MVP anyways since he has been the 2nd best player since Kobe and the voters got bored of giving it to Lebron every year (you get the jift).

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Karma for stealing the Sonics from Seattle (although former Sonics owner and Seattle politicians share some blame). More suffering is still due from OKC franchise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom