OT: Oh Happy Day | The Boneyard

OT: Oh Happy Day

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
For the last 3 weeks when I come on site the personalized advertising included an offer of British Army surplus kevlar lined blast underwear! Followed me around like the plague. Advertised as slighly used! Today they are gone. Oh happy day.

Have you been followed around by strange ads???

1556126679470.png

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
For the last 3 weeks when I come on site the personalized advertising included an offer of British Army surplus kevlar lined blast underwear! Followed me around like the plague. Advertised as slighly used! Today they are gone. Oh happy day.

View attachment 42582
Montana isolation can cause issues according to its Chamber of Commerce. Any other things follow you around? :):rolleyes:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

View attachment 42582
I am happy for you that the camo skivvies are no longer after you. But it raises two very worrying points. First, how did you get yourself to the point that an ad such as that would show up on your doorstep? And second, does the fact that they are gone mean someone bought them? What a world! And btw, we need some bigs! ;)

Reaction Score

View attachment 42582

Have you in the past week Googled for key words "slightly used"? :D

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I can definitely relate. I had a skin cancer scare on my left ear about 18 months ago. Had surgery, and everything fine at this point. I am Irish, and my extended family and I have put the children of many dermatologists through college over the years.

But, should be wearing a sun hat when I am out at the beach or on the golf course, instead of one of my many UConn baseball caps.

So, I went looking for one on Google recently, and apparently I am condemned to seeing this guy for the foreseeable future whenever I log in..........

Hey dude, what`s with the hat?

hats.jpg

Reaction Score
I can definitely relate. I had a skin cancer scare on my left ear about 18 months ago. Had surgery to have it removed, and everything fine at this point. I am Irish, and my extended family and I have put the children of many dermatologists through college over the years.

But, should be wearing a sun hat when I am out at the beach or on the golf course, instead of one of my many UConn baseball caps.

So, I went looking for one on Google recently, and apparently I am condemned to seeing this guy for the foreseeable future whenever I log in.....

View attachment 42586

I bet that guy is wearing what @rocky has been seeing. :rolleyes:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Rocky

Once, just once I opened the d'atagnan website as a result of a recipe idea.

Big mistake.

I was bombarded by ads, virtually every page I opened.

I wrote to them, more than once, asking them to cease and desist...nothing.
I threatened them with negative posts...and started writing them...nothing.

Finally, after a month, the ads started to peter out.
I worry by just mentioning their name, they will start again.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I am happy for you that the camo skivvies are no longer after you. But it raises two very worrying points. First, how did you get yourself to the point that an ad such as that would show up on your doorstep? And second, does the fact that they are gone mean someone bought them? What a world! And btw, we need some bigs! ;)

Apparently selling military surplus is big business and some folks are really into collecting it. The purveyor of this particular garment is a very large on-line and catalog sports retailer I occasionally buy some ammo from. A couple of months ago I was sent a militry surplus catalog and on the cover overpage was the opportunity to buy a complete Swiss army field hospital!! talk about superfluous huh).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1) your search history is probably the biggest component for your ads.
2) Anyone else amused by mentioning ads they hated/ want to get away from. That's priming the well my friends.

Reaction Score

View attachment 42582
Oh, happy day? Come on, Rocky. Don't do that to me. I thought UConn had signed Siddique Finch.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I wonder if they are bi directional. Protecting the wearer from external explosions and protecting the public from wearer generated ones.

Reaction Score

View attachment 42582
Do I recognize some kind of prejudice or bias towards USED underwear? Or is this an Anti-Military Bias?? Kevlar gives you added protection where most want it most..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom