Odell to Cleveland | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Odell to Cleveland

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There's the big move

Oh boy, we are poised to sign some oldsters... Tate will be 31 this season...and Chris Hogan (WR from NJ who played at Buf and NE) might be in the mix he is 30 as well. Then there is that safety we signed a two year deal on who will be 35 this season!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
They really are the Knicks, they've got to be the worst run franchise in the NFL.

The Giants may not have always been good. In fact, aside from the two crazy SB runs, they've been pretty bad. But you could at least find solace in the management. They were trying. They had a plan. The team just stunk.

$30M this season to OBJ on the Browns and Golden Tate for us. Unreal.

Reaction Score
I like Tate. Too bad Odell wasn’t here, murder underneath. Need someone vertical. I like the signing.

Draft defense now.

Reaction Score
The Giants may not have always been good. In fact, aside from the two crazy SB runs, they've been pretty bad. But you could at least find solace in the management. They were trying. They had a plan. The team just stunk.

$30M this season to OBJ on the Browns and Golden Tate for us. Unreal.
It's amazing anyone would even try and rationalize any of this, there is so clearly zero plan.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's amazing anyone would even try and rationalize any of this, there is so clearly zero plan.

I really didn't like the OBJ deal, but I could even spin that eventually as a full strip down rebuild type of trade.

But then two days later were signing 30 year old veterans to $40M deals? Excuse me, wtf?

Reaction Score
I get that’s what people think, but no ceo is ever going to act like that. Owners are always involved. And as far as Giants, the Mara’s know football and only started the giants in the 1920s.

Think about how crazy this situation is. After 95 years of football, people are taking the side of a wide receiver over the owner.

The owner is crusty and out of touch. He'd rather lose being conservative than win being flamboyant.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think the idea this season is get more 30 somethings on the team to help Eli build personal connections. Narrow the age gap.

Reaction Score
They better take a f&$#& quarterback now. This is madness
Yeah at this point the “we don’t even want a QB” posturing is pointless. Haskins, Rosen, hell even Murray, who knows what they want... but they wouldn’t have signed Tate if they’re tanking for Tua.

At least it’s not a bad contract in terms of overpayment.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They really are the Knicks, they've got to be the worst run franchise in the NFL.

Up until a year ago, it was definitively the Cleveland Browns.

Reaction Score
My bad.

Shouldn’t have even put that energy out there...
Great call unfortunately. You seem to have a better handle on Gettleman's idiocy than me, I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
John Dorsey.

Yep.

Goes back to my theory that you hire the best people possible then get out of the way. Haslam had the rep of meddling in the past, and I vaguely remember some scuttlebutt about Dorsey wanting full control.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yep.

Goes back to my theory that you hire the best people possible then get out of the way. Haslam had the rep of meddling in the past, and I vaguely remember some scuttlebutt about Dorsey wanting full control.

So if all 32 teams solemnly followed that advise would we have around 32 super bowl winning franchises in about 3 to 4 years? Yes I am joshing.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
So if all 32 teams solemnly followed that advise would we have around 32 super bowl winning franchises in about 3 to 4 years? Yes I am joshing.

Haha I'm not saying it's a slam dunk or anything. I'm just of the opinion that you should let the guys who know more than you do there job. Isn't that why you hired them in the first place?

Look I get that plenty of owners meddle. And it makes sense when it comes to signing or firing guys you don't want to play for you because of PR reasons (assault arrests, etc). But when it comes to running the football team in general, I think it's to their detriment.

And the Browns need to have a winning record before we start talking Superbowl. Winning March doesn't often translate to success.

Reaction Score
Haha I'm not saying it's a slam dunk or anything. I'm just of the opinion that you should let the guys who know more than you do there job. Isn't that why you hired them in the first place?

Look I get that plenty of owners meddle. And it makes sense when it comes to signing or firing guys you don't want to play for you because of PR reasons (assault arrests, etc). But when it comes to running the football team in general, I think it's to their detriment.

And the Browns need to have a winning record before we start talking Superbowl. Winning March doesn't often translate to success.

Not for anything, but Giants are different. The maras business is football. Wellington was GM, Chris Mara a lead scout. They know football.

They are involved in football operations. Maras always have been.

Chris Mara was a scout on the 1986 and 1990 super bowl teams. He also has been SVP of player perssonel since 2011.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm really interested to see what the roster looks like in August lol this is a -show. Hopefully Lock is there at 17. I don't want Daniel Jones or Rosen

Started to look closer at the NFL draft. I really like the NC State QB Ryan Finley at 17 or in the second round for the Giants. I was wrong to think Stidham is a good value play at QB, guess their are some red flags about his ability to progress through the receivers. Seems the Giants are a lock for D at number 6 according to all the best reporters.

I watched some film about Sweat at DE who might be there for the Giants. I was unimpressed. I don’t think his 6’6’’ skinny frame will translate in the NFL despite his blazing speed. Too tall to consistently bend around OLs. Not very good against the run, very bad in space at open field tackles (not that he should find himself in that position too often, but he would need to defend against the flat where this matters. The NY Post’s mock draft has the Giants taking Wilkins with 6 even though we have BJ Hill and Tomlinson already. I think Wilkins is a safe pick to have a productive DT for many years that is equally effective against the pass and run where Sweat could very well be a boom or bust guy.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Started to look closer at the NFL draft. I really like the NC State QB Ryan Finley at 17 or in the second round for the Giants. I was wrong to think Stidham is a good value play at QB, guess their are some red flags about his ability to progress through the receivers. Seems the Giants are a lock for D at number 6 according to all the best reporters.

I watched some film about Sweat at DE who might be there for the Giants. I was unimpressed. I don’t think his 6’6’’ skinny frame will translate in the NFL despite his blazing speed. Too tall to consistently bend around OLs. Not very good against the run, very bad in space at open field tackles (not that he should find himself in that position too often, but he would need to defend against the flat where this matters. The NY Post’s mock draft has the Giants taking Wilkins with 6 even though we have BJ Hill and Tomlinson already. I think Wilkins is a safe pick to have a productive DT for many years that is equally effective against the pass and run where Sweat could very well be a boom or bust guy.

Finely lacks the arm talent. He’s just a guy.

Sweat is fascinating. Quennin Williams could be there as well.

A trade down for a tackle is a real possibility as well.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Finely lacks the arm talent. He’s just a guy.

Sweat is fascinating. Quennin Williams could be there as well.

A trade down for a tackle is a real possibility as well.
Wide range of opinions of Finley. Very wide.

Ryan Finley NFL Draft Projection: Latest on NC State QB’s Stock | Heavy.com
Chris Simms has him #4 in this top 8, ahead of Stidham at 5, and behind Haskins, Lock and Murray at 3, 2 and 1 respectively. Simms really couldn’t stop gushing over his accuracy and he thinks New England might take him.

Reaction Score

Don’t waste another 2nd on a qb not called josh Rosen. We did that last year. It’s too wishy washy.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger