Odell to Cleveland | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Odell to Cleveland

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Absurd
please tell us your first hand experience in the GMen locker room
I heard the same that this guy stated - the players liked/loved him but the upper management didn't care for his act. When it comes to stay or go - it's not the players paying the bills

Reaction Score
I cannot believe they did this. I haven't missed a televised game since the early 60's and I may not bother to watch again. Get rid of Rogers-Cromartie, Landon Collins, Harrison, JPP, defensively… Two days ago get a great offensive lineman to go with Beckham and Barkley then get rid of Beckham!!!! I actually hate this coaching staff.

Reaction Score
please tell us your first hand experience in the GMen locker room
I heard the same that this guy stated - the players liked/loved him but the upper management didn't care for his act. When it comes to stay or go - it's not the players paying the bills

Read my last post

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The nice thing about not really caring at all about the NFL anymore is this doesn't even piss me off, 5 years ago it would have.

While I don't follow the NFL on a week-to-week basis during the season, the fact that the Steelers got worse by losing Brown and the Browns got better with OBJ delights me to no end. I cannot wait until the day the Browns finish ahead of the Stillers. We have so many bridges here for people to jump off, I hope they see good use.

Reaction Score
Steelers are the biggest losers in this(even tho AB wanted out) they get a 3rd and 5th round pick from raiders while giants score a 1st,2nd and peppers

Reaction Score
Okay, so I take that back. He was NOT a locker room cancer, but his off the field antics and media interviews were
detrimental to other teammates, coaches and the organization.

He was not a leader and incredibly immature for a guy in the NY spotlight. Barkley, a rookie seemed to carry himself with class.
He would have been fine in NY - Mara didn't know how to handle him. Giants giving him up for the 17th and 95th pick + a safety (who we probably won't resign because Gettleman) is borderline insane. Even Mike Ditka is laughing at us right now.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
It’s amazing that people actually think OBJ will
Have a long career. He’s a head case. We’ve seen his profile before. End of story. Congrats to the Giants.

Reaction Score
He would have been fine in NY - Mara didn't know how to handle him. Giants giving him up for the 17th and 95th pick + a safety (who we probably won't resign because Gettleman) is borderline insane. Even Mike Ditka is laughing at us right now.
Some of our fanbase is just as insanely stupid as Giants management. You would hope the guys getting paid would be smarter though.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Slow your roll young man. They beefed up their line with a previous trade. There's still the draft and free agency just started.

I don't think the recent trades have been terribly for the Giants. If they get to training camp without adding some quality, then you should be concerned

lol

i wouldnt let gettleman share his opinion on u10 travel soccer tryouts

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Okay, so I take that back. He was NOT a locker room cancer, but his off the field antics and media interviews were
detrimental to other teammates, coaches and the organization.

He was not a leader and incredibly immature for a guy in the NY spotlight. Barkley, a rookie seemed to carry himself with class.

and you trust the morans who signed him a few months ago... to not trade him

Reaction Score
As this awful move regards Cleveland. Great gming. As the purv has said. Free agents over picks any day. They got stars while big blue is a grad school with unproven”potential “ and s team that has only hit a few good picks in the Eli era

Reaction Score
Addition by subtraction. Never winning with this guy. The entire organization is better off. Not sure Gettleman is a good GM or not, but OBJ was going to self-immolate in NY. The guy is a distraction for the Giants. It was like the entire organization had to cater to his career goals, his timeline.

Should have traded him last year. Would have got more.

Reaction Score
Addition by subtraction. Never winning with this guy. The entire organization is better off. Not sure Gettleman is a good GM or not, but OBJ was going to self-immolate in NY. The guy is a distraction for the Giants. It was like the entire organization had to cater to his career goals, his timeline.

Should have traded him last year. Would have got more.

I could have been okay with this in a vacuum. But not while considering Gettlemen's body of work. No way any sane fan can trust this clown..

Reaction Score
and you trust the morans who signed him a few months ago... to not trade him

I'm not a Giants fan. I'm on the outside looking in. I never liked that long term contract. This trade is going to look real bad if the Browns put the pieces together and win.

I'm just trying to settle these savages down.

They should thank me

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom