Odell to Cleveland | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Odell to Cleveland

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think Gettleman and ownership became smitten with the idea of Beckham, Engram, Barkley and Sheppard on the field together as a means to salvage the pieces already in place. It failed hard right out of the gate with a 1-7 start resulting in Odell reverting to his usual "me" persona. There was a plan last year and it failed. Now Gettleman has moved to plan B.....blow up the team....which pretty much started with the Eli Apple trade last fall.

Well then they're totally stupid not to see that Eli has been effectively done for a couple years now. If you were paying him 8m, then OK, fine role with it while you develop a guy, but they weren't

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Tank for Tua

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Since we can't change the past, I would do the following:
1) Trade the 2nd round pick for Rosen. I pretty much think most young QBs are a toss up, but we need to hitch our wagon to one of them. Sticking with Eli just delays the inevitable.

What makes everyone thing Arizona is gonna give up on Rosen so easily? Assuming they draft Murray, why not keep both guys on low cap contracts for the time being and see who pans out?

3) Go crazy with the 1829 picks we have and take primarily defensive players.

Definitely should trade some of those picks for pipeline picks in the coming years. If you are in a multi year rebuild, it gives you more flexibility.

Taking a bunch of guys at one time just gets you into cap problems in the future if a bunch pan out. Too unbalanced imo. Better to stock pile picks every year so you have room to move (and trade).

If you are going to be developing a ton of rookies in one year, might as well have a bunch that are UDF as well.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
A & B was a reaction to them thinking they could win last year. One more ride with Eli.

Well, then they should have just kept OBJ on what was his current contract and see what happens.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
fire this idiot
Maybe Gettleman is throwing misdirection here to throw people off his hunt for a Rosen trade or Haskins with the 6th pick. Afterall, OBJ wasn't signed so he could be traded.

But if we are really becoming a run, run and run team....yikes.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If they made this move without the owners, GM and HC on board then we're screwed forever

Given how he handled his time in Carolina, what about Gettleman makes you think he cares what the coaches think?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Because we haven't successfully drafted a guard in 10 years....and because the free agent market sucks for guards and because we want to bolster Barkley's chances to dominate.

But it's not if they can't draft them successfully. They just flat out haven't drafted any guards at all. 3 in the last 10 yrs (one 7th rd). 4 in the last 15.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think they saw what happened with AB in Pittsburgh and decided they didn't want that hassle going forward.
I would have liked a the earlier 3rd or a 2nd better but with the 4th coming back from the earlier trade it is not a horrible trade.
This is a complete tear down and start over with Barkley the face of the franchise as Eli heads out the door. I would expect Jenkins to be traded this year for a pick for 2020 mid round like a 4th or 5th.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Following on the twitter thread that someone else posted, there was this gem:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The one thing I need to say as an unabashed Eli fan boy, is that it sucks having to drag him through the mud in wake of all of this. Yes, he's making $20M so I don't feel bad for him. Yes, he is a shell of his former self. Yes, they should have drafted Darnold last year.

With that said, what is he supposed to do? It's not his fault the organization is inept and keeps running him out there. Most fans I know were livid when he was benched for Geno Smith - not that he was benched in the first place. Eli isn't pulling the strings in the organization, he's just showing up and doing what he can at this point in his career.

I just hope as a long time Giant fan, that they release him before the roster bonus kicks in and hope he can latch on somewhere else, because as bad as its been, its going to get a lot more ugly.

Reaction Score
The one thing I need to say as an unabashed Eli fan boy, is that it sucks having to drag him through the mud in wake of all of this. Yes, he's making $20M so I don't feel bad for him. Yes, he is a shell of his former self. Yes, they should have drafted Darnold last year.

With that said, what is he supposed to do? It's not his fault the organization is inept and keeps running him out there. Most fans I know were livid when he was benched for Geno Smith - not that he was benched in the first place. Eli isn't pulling the strings in the organization, he's just showing up and doing what he can at this point in his career.

I just hope as a long time Giant fan, that they release him before the roster bonus kicks in and hope he can latch on somewhere else, because as bad as its been, its going to get a lot more ugly.

Well said CHB, ;)

Reaction Score
Until Eli Manning dies apparently

I'm really interested to see what the roster looks like in August lol this is a -show. Hopefully Lock is there at 17. I don't want Daniel Jones or Rosen

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The market isn't killed for OBJ they said. The Giants won't deal him for a terrible return they said.

It's like people haven't been paying attention to the same team

Hey, compared to what the Steelers got for Brown, the Giants got everybody that went to Dallas in the Herschel Walker trade AND the guys that went to the Sox in the Heathcliff Slocumb trade.

Does that make me feel better? Not really.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hmm, UConn men and the g men both get real, end the circus, and begin their return to excellance around the same time....noice. bye bye p.t. beckham, and
good riddance.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I think Eli's a nice guy, I appreciate the two SBs, and I've defended him when I think he's needed defending, but his feelings are pretty low down on my list of things I care about at this moment.

Reaction Score
Didn't know Landry and Beckham both played at LSU together

FB_IMG_1552512470266.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69