OT: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month... | The Boneyard

OT: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month...

Reaction Score
Last season I bought all the ladies in our tailgate crew Pink UCONN baseball caps at the main souvenir tent behind the jumbotron. I reminded them to wear them to the Temple game.
I noticed this season that there was little to no pink UConn tees, caps, sweatshirts at the various kiosks. Once again the Co-Op misses a major sales opportunity. We ALL have someone in our inner circles who have been afflicted with cancer, & this is a means of showing support.

Reaction Score
This year, Breast Cancer Awareness Month hit home with my wife's diagnosis with invasive ductal carcinoma back in August. Both of us are teachers, and the news was shared with us during our lunch break on the first day of school, so as you can all imagine, it has been a trying school year even though the long-term prognosis is promising.

Surgery is set for early November and after tests, imaging and appointments have racked up, so have the medical bills. We're grateful for our jobs, health insurance, home, family and friends, and the medical team has been amazing -- but of course the financial strain on us is daunting. If you are willing to contribute, even if it's a small amount, it would be greatly appreciated.

Link: Donate to Help Joe's Family with Medical Expenses, organized by Joseph Budzelek

With gratitude,

~ Joe

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear about your wife. Wishing your wife and yourself much support and hope that she'll beat this horrible disease. Good luck, you got this!!!!

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
This year, Breast Cancer Awareness Month hit home with my wife's diagnosis with invasive ductal carcinoma back in August. Both of us are teachers, and the news was shared with us during our lunch break on the first day of school, so as you can all imagine, it has been a trying school year even though the long-term prognosis is promising.

Surgery is set for early November and after tests, imaging and appointments have racked up, so have the medical bills. We're grateful for our jobs, health insurance, home, family and friends, and the medical team has been amazing -- but of course the financial strain on us is daunting. If you are willing to contribute, even if it's a small amount, it would be greatly appreciated.

Link: Donate to Help Joe's Family with Medical Expenses, organized by Joseph Budzelek

With gratitude,

~ Joe
Have had this challenge in my family as well. Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom