OT - Northwestern's Very Literal Wounded Warrior Uniforms | The Boneyard

OT - Northwestern's Very Literal Wounded Warrior Uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
esq-nw-uniforms-1113-xlg.jpg

I agree with the premise of this article. Very disrespectful to our soldiers who actually shed blood for this country.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politi...ms-110513?src=spr_FBPAGE&spr_id=1456_28970095

Reaction Score
These are really tasteless. I have to agree with the writer. And can we stop with the faux patriotism. Clapping for a guy in uniform while allowing cuts toVA, the coming to zoning meetings to oppose veterans housing in your neighborhoods is exactly that. (sorry about the spouting...just had that experience recently...where several speakers actually said "I support our veterans but not in my neighborhood. They belong in"City X".) this uniform is just another manifestation of that attitude.

Reaction Score
Disagree. Maybe if the writer of the article looked at the entire uniform and not just the red side, they would have seen the same streak effect in blue over the stars. It's a non-issue.

What the author should've spent some time discussing are the moronic lawyers that were on national television on 60 minutes Sunday night talking about how non US citizens that came into our country and blew up the twin towers somehow have the same right as US citizens when it comes to prosecution. Moronic, sickening and absolutely a disgrace. Same lunacy that has the left talking about how we should have opened our hearts more for the deuchebag that set off the bombs in Boston at the marathon and how he is not being treated fairly in prison.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I understand where you are coming from but I have in fact shed blood for this country on multiple occasions (multiple Purple Hearts) over 5 wars, and I have no problem with them!!

I hope to see you taking a lap around The Rent tonight.

Reaction Score
I hope to see you taking a lap around The Rent tonight.

Don't even get me going about that. I was on the field the first two years they did the tribute but never heard a word about it since. The only reason I knew about it the first time was because there was an ad in the paper and I reached out and gave them my contact info. The same person in the AD who is responsible for the email debacle must be responsible for reaching out to Alumni Vets as well!!! I swear this whole operation is a total show!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom