OT: North Carolina Academic Scandal Re-emerges | The Boneyard

OT: North Carolina Academic Scandal Re-emerges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Is it really possible, after all that has come out over the past couple of years, that Williams seriously thinks that anyone who has been following the story is going to give any credence to his protestations of ignorance? Especially since he has every reason to lie, and McCants has none. Sheesh!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
excited-baby.gif

Reaction Score
Is it really possible, after all that has come out over the past couple of years, that Williams seriously thinks that anyone who has been following the story is going to give any credence to his protestations of ignorance? Especially since he has every reason to lie, and McCants has none. Sheesh!
What do suppose their actual APR is? Yet the NCAA wouldnever touch them. Just your garden variety hypocrisy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What do suppose their actual APR is? Yet the NCAA wouldnever touch them. Just your garden variety hypocrisy.

Exactly what it is. Mainly because they offered fake classes and gave out free A's.

Maybe people are finally waking up to what major programs do to game the system. UNC happens to be really bad at it. UK is the model.

UCONN's mistake was actually being honest. Such is the futility of the NCAA.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
From what I've read, NCAA won't become involved unless UNC admits that there was fraud. Most likely this is a scandal that will remain in the news periodically but UNC won't be punished by the NCAA.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
From what I've read, NCAA won't become involved unless UNC admits that there was fraud. Most likely this is a scandal that will remain in the news periodically but UNC won't be punished by the NCAA.

Haven't they already?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Haven't they already?

Yeah, whether they get chased by the NCAA is independent of that imo. The NCAA will avoid going after UNC at ALL COSTS. Only if enough stink in the media is made about the issue (a la Reggie Bush at USC) will they be forced to act.

So it's basically up to us to bitch and complain until...you know...the rational thing is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom