OT: Non-TV conference revenue for UConn | The Boneyard

OT: Non-TV conference revenue for UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
$3.4m in NCAA tourney credits for UConn (along with Cincy and UCF)
$1.9m in Peach Bowl and Access Bowl money

+

Total conference bowl money split (left over after travel)
Local deals and tier 3 TV rights, coaches' shows on SNY, radio deals, etc.

This is all in addition to the $2m TV Payout and whatever is left over from the exit fee split.

I'd say the school will earn $8m before counting local and tier3 deals and the exit fee split. The BE had built about $75m in exit fees a few year ago, West Virginia esp. paid a huge amount, but I never followed what happened with Rutgers and Louisville, not to mention Syracuse and Pitt. I don't know if the total amount dropped from settlements out of court. I know that the 3 leftovers split a chunk of the pie, the conference took some, and then the other new members also took some.

Reaction Score
ALSO - The NBE paid a fee to take the "Big East"name. I've never seen what that amount was. Perhaps that's what you're referring with "exit fees" above but I don't think so. Curious if anyone has a credible source about what the NBE paid the AAC to take the Big East name.

Reaction Score
ALSO - The NBE paid a fee to take the "Big East"name. I've never seen what that amount was. Perhaps that's what you're referring with "exit fees" above but I don't think so. Curious if anyone has a credible source about what the NBE paid the AAC to take the Big East name.

I am almost certain that the BE teams gave up the exit fees in order to get the rights to the name. The two conferences then split the NCAA credits. But the exit fees I'm referring to are from the departures of Syracuse, Pitt, West Virginia, Rutgers and Louisville. Also, there may have been exit fees from TCU. I believe so. But small fees. West Virginia was hit hardest because they moved immediately.

Reaction Score
I was under the impression all the New Big East got was the name.
The exit fees and NCAA credits went to the American.
With about 75% of the exit money going to UConn,UC,and SFU.
It was to be distributed over a 3 or 4 year period.

Reaction Score
I was under the impression all the New Big East got was the name.
The exit fees and NCAA credits went to the American.
With about 75% of the exit money going to UConn,UC,and SFU.
It was to be distributed over a 3 or 4 year period.
I stand corrected according to Forbes the New Big East also got a big chunk of the NCAA money which was a joke.

Reaction Score
When you look at the current bowl money versus the BCS Bowl era when UConn was in the Big East, the money is better now. It is kind of hard to believe but they are making more money off football bowls than the Big East used to make. The BE schools used to pull in slightly over $1m for bowl season. But now the AAC schools are making 3x as much. Of course, all that is offset by the TV contract. Those exit fees and Big East tourney credits have to be running out quite soon.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
If this is accurate, UConn got about $20 million over 4-5 years, so either 4 or 5 million per year in addition to other revenue.

pixel.gif

The American's revenue from the Big East is still unclear, but it reportedly could be up to $100 million. Stansbury said the revenue will be awarded during a four- to five-year period.
Cincinnati, UConn and USF would split the 60 percent portion, while UCF, Tulane, SMU, Houston, Memphis, East Carolina, Tulsa, Temple and Navy would split the other portion when they are active members of the league. It is unclear whether Louisville and Rutgers, which remain in the league for one more year, will receive any of the portion when they are active members.

Article on contract

C

Chief00

Warde better be working on replacement income streams or leave town- LOL

Reaction Score
upstater said:
Those exit fees and Big East tourney credits have to be running out quite soon.

The credit $ will drop a bunch next year as the 2009 credits run out and are replaced by the 2014 credits. That's a drop from 12 to 3 credits at $260k a pop.

Reaction Score
The credit $ will drop a bunch next year as the 2009 credits run out and are replaced by the 2014 credits. That's a drop from 12 to 3 credits at $260k a pop.

For all the talk about the BE's TV money, this conference makes more when you add Bowl Access + AAC TV money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom