OT: No futbol in The Rent this spring | The Boneyard

OT: No futbol in The Rent this spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As has been the case for the last two cycles, I was hoping the US Men's National Team would play their last friendly before the World Cup in The Rent. No such luck, it will be in Jacksonville. Gillette is getting a Mexico-Portugal match that same weekend.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Saves a couple hours flight time to Brazil.

Reaction Score
Any word on the other 3 warm-up games? Looking at the schedule, they have today's game against Ukraine in Cyprus (surprised this one is happening) and another April 2nd against Mexico in Glendale AZ. I do not see the Jacksonville game noted.

Reaction Score
Red Bull stadium got the northeast game. I'm thinking its going to be more and more difficult for The Rent to get games in the future with multiple new soccer only facilities.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Soccer only stadiums hold about 20k. If they can sell 40k, the Rent should be in the rotation. Expecting a MNT game ever couple years though isn't realistic.

Btw, more players punched their ticket home during the WC than did to Brazil today. Bedoya earned consideration for the bubble and that's about it. AJ is already in. the question will be does he replace Jozy in the 45th minute against Ghana or the 60th? Kid is obvious quality. Didn't like Fabian Johnson's effort today either but he is coming off injury and is safe for the roster.

Howard
X - Gonzalez - Besler - Beasley
Jones - Bradley
Zusi - Dempsey - Donovan
Altidore

Guzan
Rimando
Cameron
F. Johnson
Goodson
Beckermann
Diskerud
Johansson
Evans
Parkhurst
E. Johnson
Bedoya
23rd man TBD

Tough time filling the last spot, it may come down to where extra depth is needed but I'll say it will be a defender and Castillo has it right now. NO idea who starts at RB. May be a matchup choice, but I don't like Evans who seems to be the choice over Cameron or Parkhurst.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
First clue that the field is either going to be re-sodded and replaced or they are laying in field turf.

Reaction Score
Howard
X - Gonzalez - Besler - Beasley
Jones - Bradley
Zusi - Dempsey - Donovan
Altidore

Guzan
Rimando
Cameron
F. Johnson
Goodson
Beckermann
Diskerud
Johansson
Evans
Parkhurst
E. Johnson
Bedoya
23rd man TBD

Tough time filling the last spot, it may come down to where extra depth is needed but I'll say it will be a defender and Castillo has it right now. NO idea who starts at RB. May be a matchup choice, but I don't like Evans who seems to be the choice over Cameron or Parkhurst.

Julian Green?

I am trying not to get all Jerry Trecker here, but Altidore hasnt been all that great and Dempsey/Bradley moving to MLS cannot be good for World Cup prep.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I am trying not to get all Jerry Trecker here, but Altidore hasnt been all that great and Dempsey/Bradley moving to MLS cannot be good for World Cup prep.

Dempsey was horrible last weekend. Have we peaked too soon?

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
The form of the core regulars is getting to be frightening. I can't recall the last time Dempsey, Donovan, Bradley, Altidore and Jones all played together.

If Dempsey and Altidore don't start scoring goals, I think you have to consider not playing them in Brazil. I don't see Dempsey not starting, but he's been really hit or miss for almost a year now. I'd replace Jozy with Johansson right now and pair him with Dempsey in a 4-4-2 they can alternate dropping deep.

I don't think the 4-2-3-1 works with both Clint and Jozy struggling.

The biggest disappointment Wednesday was seeing how little of the field Jozy was influencing. If the ball wasn't at his feet, he was useless. And, his touches/holdup play sucked.

Reaction Score
Can someone tell me what a friendly is? I'm not a soccer fan. Do you play your bench guys in a friendly if it doesn't count?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Can someone tell me what a friendly is? I'm not a soccer fan.
rsz_affectionate_soccer_players.jpg

Reaction Score
NavinRJohnson said:
Can someone tell me what a friendly is? I'm not a soccer fan. Do you play your bench guys in a friendly if it doesn't count?
Typically, a game between national teams which is not played to qualify for regional championships or World Cup competition.

Reaction Score
Dempsey/Bradley moving to MLS cannot be good for World Cup prep.
Kinsman has said as much. He's not happy these guys were transferred back to the MLS and facing subpar competition for the run up to WC.
Altidore is struggling. He's not played well for Sunderland either, IMO. They need to get their together before Brazil. That 3 game set in late May/early June will be telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom