OT: Nice Story About C. Viv and Rutgers | The Boneyard

OT: Nice Story About C. Viv and Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
upload_2016-10-28_8-30-13.png

However, one very informed commenter is not a C. Viv fan though and is calling for Rutgers to hire CD away from UConn. :D :rolleyes:

upload_2016-10-28_8-36-39.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So if RU offered Chris the job would she take it? Years ago, I suspect she would have. Now? I doubt it.

Reactions: HGN

HGN

Reaction Score
CL , Rutgers can offer all they want, CD would never accept the job. She is set to retire when Geno does I believe. I am sure she would love to see RU in the FF every year as a dedicated alum , but she knows that it would take her too long to rebuild RU.

CVS knows how to win games , as proven by her lifetime total wins , but has not had the horses to win the race over the last few years.

RU pursuing CD is a waste of time.

JMHO.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Just my impression: When Rutgers was pursuing C. Viv in around 1996, she was pretty well settled at Iowa.
I happened to be in Iowa for a wedding at the time and there were articles about how she seemed to be delaying her decision to stay or go for quite a while.
She finally decided to go to Rutgers...to be nearer family? My sense was that CD was Rutger's Plan B if Stringer had decided to stay at Iowa.
I think CD would have accepted that position. However as time went on, I think she kinda withdrew her name saying that she had to pursue UConn's recruits over that summer. My impression is that she had subsequent offers to coach elsewhere but none that she seriously considered.

Best ever #2...and it's not close. I do recall that Geno....when asked who was his best recruit...said it was CD...maybe within a day or two of his hiring.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

However, one very informed commenter is not a C. Viv fan though and is calling for Rutgers to hire CD away from UConn. :D :rolleyes:

Rutgers will not be calling CD. That ship sailed. I'd love to have her, don't take me wrong, but her time would have been when Vivian was hired. And yes, she was involved in conversations at the time, and reportedly came out of them somewhat miffed. And the vast majority of even older fans, who remember and are fond of CD, rarely if ever mentioned her when discussing possible future coaches for Rutgers in numerous threads last year.

He also is completely wrong about the "visibility" of CVS - I knew when I was in NJ and have heard from several since, that if and when RU asks, she is there. Of course the much older fans remember TG (Grentz) who was a completely different personality than CVS - outgoing, glad-handing, numerous speaking engagements, etc. Before her latest gig at Lafayette, she was employed working the donors for her alma mater; heck, I attended an event honoring her and Vivian coordinated by the fan club and her speech was partly a fund-raiser for Rutgers, really, and she was working for Immaculata at the time. A really good public speaker - does anyone think that would be CVS? Or that it is a problem if it isn't?

Reaction Score
Rutgers will not be calling CD. That ship sailed. I'd love to have her, don't take me wrong, but her time would have been when Vivian was hired. And yes, she was involved in conversations at the time, and reportedly came out of them somewhat miffed. And the vast majority of even older fans, who remember and are fond of CD, rarely if ever mentioned her when discussing possible future coaches for Rutgers in numerous threads last year.

He also is completely wrong about the "visibility" of CVS - I knew when I was in NJ and have heard from several since, that if and when RU asks, she is there. Of course the much older fans remember TG (Grentz) who was a completely different personality than CVS - outgoing, glad-handing, numerous speaking engagements, etc. Before her latest gig at Lafayette, she was employed working the donors for her alma mater; heck, I attended an event honoring her and Vivian coordinated by the fan club and her speech was partly a fund-raiser for Rutgers, really, and she was working for Immaculata at the time. A really good public speaker - does anyone think that would be CVS? Or that it is a problem if it isn't?

C Vivian--to me is the face of Ru WBB. She's tough, dedicated--every top coach does not have to be a glad hander or speaker at huge functions---but it's a huge push up the ladder if she can.
C. Vivian --is the kind of coach i love to hate. Say what you want about Ru's players--they are tough, hard nosed kids (I suspect much like C.Viv)..
Since Ru shall never get Christine as a coach--I'm sure she is happy in Ellington--I wish C.Vivian all the success she can pull from her kids at RU..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom