OT NFL Giants vs Dallas Cowboys | The Boneyard

OT NFL Giants vs Dallas Cowboys

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Don't understand why so many experts are picking the Giants to win the NFC East and tonight's game against the Cowboys. Cowboys win tonight by 10+ points. Giants have a good some say great defense, but their offensive line and offense is poor. Giants won't be in the playoffs.

I'm more confident in this prediction then I was when predicting Madison Keys would beat Sloane Stephens.

Reaction Score
Don't understand why so many experts are picking the Giants to win the NFC East and tonight's game against the Cowboys. Cowboys win tonight by 10+ points. Giants have a good some say great defense, but their offensive line and offense is poor. Giants won't be in the playoffs.

I'm more confident in this prediction then I was when predicting Madison Keys would beat Sloane Stephens.

You do realize that Dallas has 2 starting LBs hurt and 3 starting DL suspended for tonight's game right? The Giants do struggle on the OL but they have a Top 5 defense, they have arguably the best receiver core, they have a 2 time SB winning QB, a young TE that has great hands and WR speed, and 2 good young RBs and you are picking them not to make playoffs? Sure they have their warts but a lot fewer than most teams!

Reaction Score

Are these the same experts who were talking about NE going undefeated this season? LOL Remember, these guys are paid to create interest and taking extreme POV's is one of their chief weapons.

I think the Giants have a shot to win because they can score more points on the Dallas defense than Dallas can score on the Giant defense but the Giants historically play poorly in their first 2 or 3 games of the season. I can guarantee that if the Giants do win those experts will place the blame on the Elliot distraction.

Reaction Score
The giants with snacks Harrison are very capable of stopping the run, and match up very well against the cowboys. This is potentially the best secondary the giants ever had which also helps against the likes of Dez and company. You mix in a few new weapons for Eli ( 2 time supbowl MVP) most importantly a pass catching tight end. Now Eli can throw the deep Seam and add a few new formations from last year. Last year was too much look for the odel quick slant. I actually don't mind if he doesn't play tonight. I think Eli would spread it around more.
Major concern is the o line and loosing the point of attack. If the line is solid giants will win. They are 3 point underdogs on road which basically means its pick em if it was neutral site.

We will see.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Are these the same experts who were talking about NE going undefeated this season? LOL Remember, these guys are paid to create interest and taking extreme POV's is one of their chief weapons.

I think the Giants have a shot to win because they can score more points on the Dallas defense than Dallas can score on the Giant defense but the Giants historically play poorly in their first 2 or 3 games of the season. I can guarantee that if the Giants do win those experts will place the blame on the Elliot distraction.

Wednesday/Thursday the ESPN talking heads were howling at the ridiculous 9 point spread on that game. Friday same guys were on to other things ....:D

Reaction Score
The giants with snacks Harrison are very capable of stopping the run, and match up very well against the cowboys. This is potentially the best secondary the giants ever had which also helps against the likes of Dez and company. You mix in a few new weapons for Eli ( 2 time supbowl MVP) most importantly a pass catching tight end. Now Eli can throw the deep Seam and add a few new formations from last year. Last year was too much look for the odel quick slant. I actually don't mind if he doesn't play tonight. I think Eli would spread it around more.
Major concern is the o line and loosing the point of attack. If the line is solid giants will win. They are 3 point underdogs on road which basically means its pick em if it was neutral site.

We will see.

I think this is going to be key for the success of the Giants offense. Last year the Giants used the"11"(1RB and 1TE) personnel package 92% of the time. They became so predictable and one dimensional that opposing defenses knew what play was coming.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Happiness is seeing Jerry Jones with a Sad face in the owners box.
No OBJr for the G-Men tonight.
Go Eli!!

Reaction Score
Happiness is seeing Jerry Jones with a Sad face in the owners box.
No OBJr for the G-Men tonight.
Go Eli!!

I like this. Need him healthy. Not upset if he misses first game or two. Again it may give Eli the chance to get the others in rhythm then when OBJ comes back it's another big weapon. We will see. If the O LINE holds we should win tonight

Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone else has same problem but the NBC HD looks awful on my TV compared to FOX/CBS HD.

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Score is only 3-0 Dallas winning after 1st quarter. However, Dallas is dominating the game. Giants have had the ball for less then 3 minutes in 1st quarter. Even with Dallas' injuries on defense, Giants O-Line can't handle their pressure. Unless Giants defense gets some TO's, Giants will be blown out by the end of the game.

Dallas will win the time of possession and Field Position most of the night, due to the Giants lack of offense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Score is only 3-0 Dallas winning after 1st quarter. However, Dallas is dominating the game. Giants have had the ball for less then 3 minutes in 1st quarter. Even with Dallas' injuries on defense, Giants O-Line can't handle their pressure. Unless Giants defense gets some TO's, Giants will be blown out by the end of the game.

The giants can have 4 OBJ's and a Jerry Rice out there and if the tackles can't give Eli time it would not matter.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Eli is 8-12 passing for a net of 26 Yards. Lost 7 yards on a sack. That's an average of 2.8 Yards per completed pass.
Giants have two first downs and 18 total plays for 1st half. I watched the Giants Pre Season Games and what they're doing tonight is what they did in the Pre Season. That's why I couldn't understand why so many picked the Giants to win tonight and win the Division.

Meanwhile Dallas has gained 266 yards and lead 16-0 at the half.

Don't know how the Giants win 8 games this year.

Reaction Score
I think the Giants must have a team rule that no receiver should ever run a route past the 1st down marker on 3rd down. Eli must hold the NFL record for completed passes on third down that are short of a first down.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Too bad both teams cant lose
Sorry Triad! On a happy note for you, I won a dozen donuts from a bet with my little neighbor who I give pitching lessons to. He learned a curve ball today and Got a win and a good breakfast, lunch and coffee snacks! FYI- my sons middle name is Dallas...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
G-Men sinking into the morass much like the one in the lost years from Allie Sherman til Bill Parcells was hired. Current GM is tragic and coach hasn't shown much. Time to start over again and rebuild from the top down.

Reaction Score
upload_2017-9-11_19-44-43.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom