OT - NFL free agency | The Boneyard

OT - NFL free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Exciting day for us Viking fans (I know lots of misery). Way under cap and new regime - lets lock up a CB and maybe a LB. if no LB that is where we go with 1st round pick.

Reaction Score
Exciting day for us Viking fans (I know lots of misery). Way under cap and new regime - lets lock up a CB and maybe a LB. if no LB that is where we go with 1st round pick.

a lot of big names out there, I'm hearing Demarcus Ware will get released, and Revis will get released by Wednesday if he isn't traded. I hope my Giants get some Oline help in FA, interesting to see where Donald Brown signs. FA starts at 4 I can't wait.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I was briefly watching the NFL network the other day. Bill Polian gave DB a B+ rating, which was equated to 2-6 mil, 2 year deal (in the B range). He also went on to say that GM's didn't want to pay for RB's because of all the punishment they take - not a lot of interest in paying market value for guys.

Reaction Score
and the Broncos are the favorites to land Demarcus Ware lol

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was briefly watching the NFL network the other day. Bill Polian gave DB a B+ rating, which was equated to 2-6 mil, 2 year deal (in the B range). He also went on to say that GM's didn't want to pay for RB's because of all the punishment they take - not a lot of interest in paying market value for guys.

We had a thread about Donald Brown last season about how he may have market value since he's never been the feature back and taken the abuse of 200+ carries. Hopefully his agent can use that to DB's advantage to show he has fresh legs and a strong future.

Reaction Score
With the contracts the Broncos have coming up like miller, the Thomas boys, etc, it will be interesting to see of they can keep the band together after this year.

Reaction Score
With the contracts the Broncos have coming up like miller, the Thomas boys, etc, it will be interesting to see of they can keep the band together after this year.

Will Peyton Manning be around after this year, I think Welker was a 2 year deal. Its obvious Elway is trying to go all out with no end in sight, the cap will increase next year I think. Its definelty between the Broncos and Pats for the AFC, maybe Indy and Baltimore could have a bounce back year. The Broncos are still behind the Seahawks and Niners, the NFC is the power conference, its like the SEC in football.

Reaction Score
Will Peyton Manning be around after this year, I think Welker was a 2 year deal. Its obvious Elway is trying to go all out with no end in sight, the cap will increase next year I think. Its definelty between the Broncos and Pats for the AFC, maybe Indy and Baltimore could have a bounce back year. The Broncos are still behind the Seahawks and Niners, the NFC is the power conference, its like the SEC in football.

Welker can be cut after next year I believe. Elway is loading the front end of the roster with high end talent. What will remain to be seen is how the drafting goes. Many of the young guys coming due like D. Thomas, Moreno, Decker, Miller, etc were drafted by McDaniels. If Elway can keep that pipeline going with young, inexpensive, impact guys, then he'll be in good shape going forward. However, that remains to be seen. As Seattle will likely find out when Wilson and the db's come up, it is difficult to keep all of the pieces.

Reaction Score
Welker can be cut after next year I believe. Elway is loading the front end of the roster with high end talent. What will remain to be seen is how the drafting goes. Many of the young guys coming due like D. Thomas, Moreno, Decker, Miller, etc were drafted by McDaniels. If Elway can keep that pipeline going with young, inexpensive, impact guys, then he'll be in good shape going forward. However, that remains to be seen. As Seattle will likely find out when Wilson and the db's come up, it is difficult to keep all of the pieces.

Yes no question they won't be able to sign all those guys I was talking about now, despite moves the Broncos and Pats make I still have to put them behind the Seahawks and Niners. The AFC teams just don't match up very well with the NFC. Thats not to say an AFC can't win the Super Bowl. The NFC is like the Western Conference in the NBA, or the SEC in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom