OT: Newport Folk Festival | The Boneyard

OT: Newport Folk Festival

Reaction Score
Anybody been? Trying to get a feel for how it's set up- and also if it's easy to find tickets (they are sold out).

Reaction Score
Actually making my first trip this year for Friday to see Roger Waters. Depending on if you were trying to go the whole weekend vs single day prices are pretty close to face value despite being sold out. My Friday ticket was about $95 including TM fee's and stubhub is $100 per right now.

If you have a smart phone they have an app with last years map on it so you can get an idea of the layout. I frequent some festival message boards so if you have any specific questions let me know and I can try and get an answer for you.

Edit- If you were going to buy i'd recommend doing it soon. They are still adding artists for Friday and Sunday and it appears theres room for at least one bigger name on Friday so that could bump tickets up higher.

Reaction Score
Thanks! I am interested in going Sunday. Just wondering if there are people out & about selling tix since I haven't decided if I'm going or not. Is it all General Admission? I wonder how hard is it to get up front? I'm also wondering if there is a loose time schedule to when each artist is on.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine there is a big scalping scene just based on where it's located. I'd say keep an eye on ebay, craigslist and stubhub. Schedules are usually released a week or two in advance. Based on the schedules from last year artists play from about 11am-8pm .

It is all general admission and from what i've read at least at the main stage they have a GA pit that they clear out after every performance and let the people in line for the next artist enter. I think a lot of the crowd brings lawn chairs and set them up at the main stage and just sit there for the day. So if theres one specific artist at the main stage you want to get close for I do believe its easy.

Reaction Score
Thanks again. Well a trip to Newport is never a bad idea, in any case!

Was there last Thursday night and I would suggest to everyone the Sea Scallops entree at Midtown Oyster Bar after you have the Lobster Taco's - out of this world good.

And then a few more cocktails at Clark Cooke House upstairs until "Boom Boom"dancing night starts in the basement. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom