OT- new Geno? | The Boneyard

OT- new Geno?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Haven't noticed many ties this year. Tonight I thought he looked rather scruffy with the beard starting. Now no nasty comments... just an observation from an old lady who likes the clean cut well groomed look.

Reaction Score
I think the plaid jacket was in honor of Craig Sager who passed away a couple of days ago.He was a really flamboyantly attired sportscaster and the unshaven look may in some way been have been a part of that.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
If we keep winning games, I don't care if he grows a full beard and wears more 1950's seat cover sport jackets on the sideline. I can just imagine the comments he will get from his former players, who all loved to mess up his hair after big wins.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Maybe he has a bet going with the players, that he won't shave again until they lose a game. In that case, we want to see his beard dragging the floor by the end of this season.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Maybe he has a bet going with the players, that he won't shave again until they lose a game. In that case, we want to see his beard dragging the floor by the end of this season.

That's only fair. Some BYers are accusing Geno of wanting to see his players' asses dragging on the floor by the end of this season.:rolleyes:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Haven't noticed many ties this year. Tonight I thought he looked rather scruffy with the beard starting. Now no nasty comments... just an observation from an old lady who likes the clean cut well groomed look.
But Geno can sport the no tie look to perfection. I would consider him one of the best dressed male coaches, period. Oddly enough, they had a survey years and years ago, of course about women's coaches and - eek - Pat Summitt somehow was the winner. Vivian is always very nicely dressed, although I'm not sure the style is always fashionable.

I've noticed that ties are slightly less common than they were - of course Jeff Walz hasn't worn one in a while. Although I must say that Niya Butts, the former AZ coach now an assistant at Kentucky - who always favored (usually black) suit jackets and sneakers - was in a blue suit and tie (and sneakers) at the last KY game I saw on TV.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Next season. ;)

I noticed the "beard"?, the "5 o"clock shadow"? But it only looked like it was on one side of his face??? (lighting I suppose)

He stopped, for the most part wearing ties last year.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno did spend time with San Antonio's Greg Popovich, who just grew a beard this season, so I'm guessing it's some kind of Zen-like way to motivate the team.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Is it a sign of increasing gender equality that so much chatter is taking place about a man's grooming and wardrobe choices?

At least, for a change, it's not Kim Mulkey's appearance that's being dissected and criticized.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
But Geno can sport the no tie look to perfection. I would consider him one of the best dressed male coaches, period. Oddly enough, they had a survey years and years ago, of course about women's coaches and - eek - Pat Summitt somehow was the winner. Vivian is always very nicely dressed, although I'm not sure the style is always fashionable.

I've noticed that ties are slightly less common than they were - of course Jeff Walz hasn't worn one in a while. Although I must say that Niya Butts, the former AZ coach now an assistant at Kentucky - who always favored (usually black) suit jackets and sneakers - was in a blue suit and tie (and sneakers) at the last KY game I saw on TV.
I wonder how many of those plaid shirts do Jeff have... hope its a part of an endorsement deal.

CViv is always dressed to the 9... its the hair that messes her up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog