OT: New 9-11 Memorial to be in CT.... | The Boneyard

OT: New 9-11 Memorial to be in CT....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In today's New Haven Register there was a story & picture of a PATH Subway Car being lifted from the wreckage at Ground Zero. This car will be on permanent display at the Shoreline Trolley Museum in East Haven.

Reaction Score
I actually checked out the 9/11 memorial and museum on Monday in NYC. $24 to get in but was very interesting and much bigger than expected. It took me a full 2 hours to see everything and I'm not a big museum fan by any means. Definitely some graphic areas and not for everyone but I thought it was well done.

Reaction Score
I work down there. I still get pissed every time I look out a window onto the reflecting pools and the construction. I always will.

That's my reaction too. I used to run deliveries to the buildings in the 80's before I joined the FD in CT. Good memories about going down there until that happened. It hurts to be reminded so many families like ours lost good hard working fathers mothers brothers and sisters sons and daughters. First responders just made it worse. Was there for the first anniversary and was thinking about finally visiting the memorial next week. That's probably why the above story hit a bad nerve. Just sounds wrong.

Reaction Score
When we saw the news every fireman was put on alert. I went to work to be ready. I can't describe the numbness when they said they don't need us... Everyone is dead.

Reaction Score
Each time I see a plane fly over me...I feel the pain of that day. I grew up in Suffield near Bradley. My parents are still there and I visit them often and each time visit and a plan flys over I think of that day. I miss the A 10's we had. My mom calls Bradley when a plane flys directly over the house. She would b!tch that it's off path and too low. As a teenager I asked her why don't you call when the A 10's fly low over the house? She sat me down and explained to me that the A 10's flying over the house is the sound of freedom. I smiled and said dad married a smart woman.

I have been to the 9/11 Musem. It's a beautiful tribute, but I left angry just the same way I entered. I'm glad I did it.

Reaction Score
What a mindless rant. Fortunately not representative of those Marines that I know. Our weak president? Corrupt Congress? Really?
Yeah really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate