OT. Never thought I'd say this but... | The Boneyard

OT. Never thought I'd say this but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I decided to turn on the women's game vs FSU as they hung on by 2 with FSU missing a winning 3 at the buzzer.

It was pretty cool to see them almost lose.

Stopped watching a few years ago with all the 50 point blowouts, outside of maybe the Final Four games and very few others.

With our football nightmare and now the cluster f'k of a men's BB team the women (gulp) might be our only entertainment for the next few months. :eek:

Reaction Score
Hey - you could always watch Field Hockey... they beat Boston College and Syracuse in the same weekend to reach the NCAA F-ockey Final Four. Next game against North Carolina on Friday ;)

Women's Soccer plays Auburn on Friday in the second round of the NCAA Tourney as well.

Reaction Score
Art you haven't had enough close heartbreakers recently!?!
Well soccer and FH are famous for that, but fortunately our underrated FH team came through in OT to knock off Cuse and it was a thing of beauty. Those ladies play hard and smart, and their Coaches could probably turn around this FB program if given the chance. Highly recommended.

Reaction Score
Art you haven't had enough close heartbreakers recently!?!
Well soccer and FH are famous for that, but fortunately our underrated FH team came through in OT to knock off Cuse and it was a thing of beauty. Those ladies play hard and smart, and their Coaches could probably turn around this FB program if given the chance. Highly recommended.

Speaking of Cuse, did anyone catch the end of the Giants game where the idiot announcer was talking about Eli's back up Nassib and how you know he's smart because he went to Syracuse?

I do believe the announcer (why his name escapes me I don't know) is a Cuse grad, though I could be wrong.

Either way....puke.

Reaction Score
Speaking of Cuse, did anyone catch the end of the Giants game where the idiot announcer was talking about Eli's back up Nassib and how you know he's smart because he went to Syracuse?

I do believe the announcer (why his name escapes me I don't know) is a Cuse grad, though I could be wrong.

Either way....puke.

What he said about Nasib being on the injury report was funny though, saying he is hurt from taking too many notes.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I decided to turn on the women's game vs FSU as they hung on by 2 with FSU missing a winning 3 at the buzzer.

It was pretty cool to see them almost lose.

Stopped watching a few years ago with all the 50 point blowouts, outside of maybe the Final Four games and very few others.

With our football nightmare and now the cluster f'k of a men's BB team the women (gulp) might be our only entertainment for the next few months. :eek:

We all know the women were going to have some struggles this season. You don't loose 3 AA's and not have a little let down. Come March UConn women will be there in the hunt for #12.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I watched the women at halftime. Like sportsart said, I had a prior policy of not watching until the final 4, because that was the earliest they might possibly lose. Occasionally I would catch a road game against a top 5 team, because those might at least be close.

It was nice to see them get that win against a good FSU team, especially after the blown out of bounds call on the free throw. They aren't the favorites this year, but they are still formidable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom