OT: Nebraska wants back in Big 12? | The Boneyard

OT: Nebraska wants back in Big 12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They can just snap their fingers and walk away? And the school will take loss?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
That was a rumor floated by The Dude with the express purpose of seeing if he could get a national writer to pick it up. He admitted it was BS. Nebby wants back in the Big XII like... Like... I can't think of a very good analogy but they don't want back in.

Reaction Score
Why would they ever want to? The B1G is a much more stable situation than the B12.

Reaction Score
This reported has been discredited in multiple places, including a direct quite from a UNL spokesman. Not to mention it's a preposterous idea.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I married a Cornhusker. I know she would rather have her team play Oklahoma, Colorado, Missouri, etc. than the Big 10 schools. But that's just a fan's perspective.

Any sane person would take the money and stability of the Big 10 over any other potential situation. And the old Big 8 (or Big 12) is now split among four conferences; they can't get that old gang back together.

Reaction Score
I think there is some of the same wistfulness among Husker fans about the B12 as UConn fans feel toward the Big East. Add that fans actually care about winning games and titles and rivalries like Nebraska-Oklahoma and Texas. AD's have become business guys who care only for the bottom line. If Nebraska could make more money playing in the FICA instead of the Big 10, Nebraska would be kicking off against Fairfield-Warde on Saturday. That is just the nature of college athletics these days.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I married a Cornhusker. I know she would rather have her team play Oklahoma, Colorado, Missouri, etc. than the Big 10 schools. But that's just a fan's perspective.

Any sane person would take the money and stability of the Big 10 over any other potential situation. And the old Big 8 (or Big 12) is now split among four conferences; they can't get that old gang back together.

She does realize that two of those schools left years ago and the third is packing up the moving van?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think there is some of the same wistfulness among Husker fans about the B12 as UConn fans feel toward the Big East. Add that fans actually care about winning games and titles and rivalries like Nebraska-Oklahoma and Texas. AD's have become business guys who care only for the bottom line. If Nebraska could make more money playing in the FICA instead of the Big 10, Nebraska would be kicking off against Fairfield-Warde on Saturday. That is just the nature of college athletics these days.

I feel zero whistfulness for the current members of the Big East. I hate the AAC, but there is no Big East anymore

Even if I had a time machine, my first priority would be to see the FB uparade start in 1980.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Def the way to play Colorado and Missouri more often would be to rejoin the Big 12.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
She does realize that two of those schools left years ago and the third is packing up the moving van?

She would rather play and beat Oklahoma, Colorado, and Missouri than Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin.

Reaction Score
I get that. My Maryland friend already miss their regular dustups with Virginia, North Carolina and NC State. But ADs don't care about fans.

Interesting development that ESPN is one of the biggest losers in terms of subscribers as a result of cordcutting. Second to the Weather Channrl. Kind of contrary to the conventional wisdom that sports are the one thing people want to see live. If the trend continues I am curious of the impact on some of these deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom