OT: NBA Playoffs | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is the time I pay more attention to the NBA. I just wanted to give a shout out to Derrick Rose. The kid is playing fabulous basketball. Its like seeing Allen Iverson all over again. The kid is sensational and proving that he can overcome his horrific injuries.

If you get a chance check him out. He appears to be unstoppable and ready to prove to Irving, Paul and others that he is the king of PGs. You can tell I like his game a lot.

Along with that Tim Duncan is also equally amazing. The man just doesn't age. He too is playing quality ball and is a joy to watch.

Not sure if there is a true favorite. GS had a great regular season, Cavs look good and Atlanta is working with something. This just may turn into a great post season for fans.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The NBA post season is the absolute best and has been for a while IMO. I just hate the 1030 tip for all the games I want to watch when I need to wake up at 5. Extremely happy for Rose.

Reaction Score
This is the time I pay more attention to the NBA. I just wanted to give a shout out to Derrick Rose. The kid is playing fabulous basketball. Its like seeing Allen Iverson all over again. The kid is sensational and proving that he can overcome his horrific injuries.

If you get a chance check him out. He appears to be unstoppable and ready to prove to Irving, Paul and others that he is the king of PGs. You can tell I like his game a lot.

Along with that Tim Duncan is also equally amazing. The man just doesn't age. He too is playing quality ball and is a joy to watch.

Not sure if there is a true favorite. GS had a great regular season, Cavs look good and Atlanta is working with something. This just may turn into a great post season for fans.
Rose isn't the king of point guards injuries robbed him of that but he's playing damn good basketball in the playoffs as is Jimmy Butler. This is the Bulls team I was expecting this year but unfortunately they never had close to their complete team all season because of injuries. Atlanta is really good but I think it comes down to Cavs or Bulls in the East. The West is unreal, Spurs playing Clippers in the first round is just crazy, they are both title contenders so them facing off in the first round just seems wrong, especially when you see some of the garbage in the East. There are a bunch of good teams in the NBA now and nothing beats the playoffs!

Reaction Score
The NBA post season is the absolute best and has been for a while IMO. I just hate the 1030 tip for all the games I want to watch when I need to wake up at 5. Extremely happy for Rose.

I know you can't be wrong for having an opinion, but damn you are wrong.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I think this post is dumber than kirkking's. I bet you wondered whether to keep your opinion to yourself. You should have.

Reaction Score
I think this post is dumber than kirkking's. I bet you wondered whether to keep your opinion to yourself. You should have.

So 3 out of like 20 games so far being interesting is the barometer for best thing in sports? Are the first 2 days of the tourney just 12 straight hours of mind-numbing orgasms to you then?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
So 3 out of like 20 games so far being interesting is the barometer for best thing in sports? Are the first 2 days of the tourney just 12 straight hours of mind-numbing orgasms to you then?

Personally I prefer the NCAA Tourny but your post wasn't a good look.

3 games out of 20? Not sure what you're watching. 3 games out of 3 in the 2/7 Cavs/Celts series have been fun. Unless you don't like the NBA.

Reaction Score
Rose isn't the king of point guards injuries robbed him of that but he's playing damn good basketball in the playoffs as is Jimmy Butler. This is the Bulls team I was expecting this year but unfortunately they never had close to their complete team all season because of injuries. Atlanta is really good but I think it comes down to Cavs or Bulls in the East. The West is unreal, Spurs playing Clippers in the first round is just crazy, they are both title contenders so them facing off in the first round just seems wrong, especially when you see some of the garbage in the East. There are a bunch of good teams in the NBA now and nothing beats the playoffs!
In the weeks leading into the playoffs, the Spurs, Warriors, and Clippers (in that order) would have been the only 3 teams I expected to come out of the West--and probably 3 of the best 4 teams in the NBA...maybe the Top 3. Somehow the Spurs blew their chance at the 2 seed, and a Clippers/Spurs series that is going to be NBA Finals worthy is in the first round.

I really wish they threw out the East/West thing for the playoffs. You can even keep 8 East and 8 West, but at least seed it by record. It would be more fun, and the later rounds would be more equitable. It won't happen, I'm sure, but no need for an East/West seeding that comes close to gifting the Cavs a Finals appearance while really testing whoever comes out of the West.

1. Golden State
16. Brooklyn

8. Portland
9. Chicago

4. LA Clippers
13. New Orleans

5. Memphis
12. Washington

3. Houston
14. Milwaukee

6. San Antonio
11. Toronto

7. Cleveland
10. Dallas

2. Atlanta
15. Boston

Reaction Score
The NCAA tournament--particularly the first weekend--is the best experience for basketball fans looking for exciting games.

Often--not this year other than the LA/SA series--the first round of the NBA Playoffs is filled with much better basketball and a number of close games. This year there's only one first round series (maybe two if you count Toronto/Washington) where people didn't really know the result beforehand. LA/SA is going to be a dogfight. All the other best series before the Finals are waiting in the wings (GS vs. Memphis, Houston vs. LA/SA, GS vs. LA/SA, Cleveland vs. Chicago).

The NBA Playoffs are a better experience later for great basketball, but you are right in suggesting that it's probably a stretch to call it the "best"; even when it is a lot of fun, it's stretched out over such a long period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom