NBA Playoffs | Page 38 | The Boneyard

NBA Playoffs

Reaction Score
Didn't think I'd say this about these two teams, but that was a pretty rough half of basketball to watch. Houston goes 4-15 from three, Paul and Harden combine to shoot 4-15 from the field, and they turn it over nine times. They're fortunate to only be down 11. On the other hand, if you're Golden State you shot 35% and take a relatively comfortable lead into the locker-room.

Reaction Score
Curry shooting is off and Durant has 0 pts and Warriors are still up double digits.

Reaction Score
The last couple of possessions there
Didn't think I'd say this about these two teams, but that was a pretty rough half of basketball to watch. Houston goes 4-15 from three, Paul and Harden combine to shoot 4-15 from the field, and they turn it over nine times. They're fortunate to only be down 11. On the other hand, if you're Golden State you shot 35% and take a relatively comfortable lead into the locker-room.

Houston has missed a dozen layups per TNT. They have also missed some pretty wide open threes as well. It's amazing to me that they are actually in the game, although things can go South pretty quickly if they don't start making shots.

Reaction Score
Not like the Rockets are anywhere near them, but these refs are absolutely awful. Couldn’t be more in favor of the Warriors even if they were in their jerseys.

Reaction Score
It's possible Curry isn't 100%, but I can't think of any other superstar who is protected by the media like he is. He was fully cleared, no? This isn't Curt Schilling's bloody sock. I just don't know how many times we need to see this with him in the postseason before we look at other variables, and I say that as someone who's typically a Steph backer.
Well, he turned that around.

Reaction Score
That beatdown in game 2 is the best thing that could have happened for the Warriors and the worst thing for everyone else.

Reaction Score
Welp, another 30 point blowout. This is getting old.
The Finals are going to be worse regardless of who wins this series (The Warriors, probably in 5). Whosever comes out of the West is going to smoke the East. If Houston makes it out, it may go to 6, so perhaps we should pull for them, though I hate their iso ball.

Reaction Score
The Finals are going to be worse regardless of who wins this series (The Warriors, probably in 5). Whosever comes out of the West is going to smoke the East. If Houston makes it out, it may go to 6, so perhaps we should pull for them, though I hate their iso ball.
The team with the third best record in the league just beat the team with the best by 40. Holy hell.

Reaction Score
Anyone catch the TBS crew after the game? Those guys are hilarious. Telling Chuck... it’s not 1988, no one is afraid of you. Then they showed a meme of a little kid, turning the corner, look of horror, then running away... it was priceless.

Reaction Score
Anyone catch the TBS crew after the game? Those guys are hilarious. Telling Chuck... it’s not 1988, no one is afraid of you. Then they showed a meme of a little kid, turning the corner, look of horror, then running away... it was priceless.

That's everytime with Kenny, shaq, Chuck and ej. It's must see tv that crew

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not like the Rockets are anywhere near them, but these refs are absolutely awful. Couldn’t be more in favor of the Warriors even if they were in their jerseys.

So we've now seen that in two game 3s, favoring the home team in each. It's ridiculous how bad the officiating is. As much grief as baseball deserves for pace of play, the officiating is very consistent and rarely favors the home team. Stadium variation is probably the main benefit home vs road in baseball. Is there any other sport where the field of play isn't uniform?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
So we've now seen that in two game 3s, favoring the home team in each. It's ridiculous how bad the officiating is. As much grief as baseball deserves for pace of play, the officiating is very consistent and rarely favors the home team. Stadium variation is probably the main benefit home vs road in baseball. Is there any other sport where the field of play isn't uniform?

Can't be surprised at this point.

They did it in a game freaking 7 of the NBA finals.

Literally nothing is off-limits to sports entertainment.

Reaction Score
I can't believe the Rockets won 65 games. They are frauds.

Reaction Score
I can't believe the Rockets won 65 games. They are frauds.
I can't think of a worse superstar player I've ever seen than Harden. He puts up huge numbers but he's horrible to watch and there are just so many complete no-show performances in big games and that stuff he tries to pass off as defense...

Reaction Score
I can't think of a worse superstar player I've ever seen than Harden. He puts up huge numbers but he's horrible to watch and there are just so many complete no-show performances in big games and that stuff he tries to pass off as defense...
He's never won anything at any level & melted every playoffs beginning in that long ago OKC - Cavs series that compelled Presti to trade him. Harden + D'Antoni with a side of Chris Paul (who I like, but has playoff meltdowns on his resume too) is just a lethal cocktail of playoff catastrophe.

Also Golden State is really good and this is why people are mad at Durant, he made the NBA's best team unbeatable.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Also Golden State is really good and this is why people are mad at Durant, he made the NBA's best team unbeatable.

Durant ruined the NBA for a few years. No doubt.

And he made a fake twitter account to defend himself. Snowflake city.

the Q

Reaction Score
Durant ruined the NBA for a few years. No doubt.

And he made a fake twitter account to defend himself. Snowflake city.

It was really the short-sighted owners who did that. They're the reason it's so hard for anyone else to add more premium assets to compete.

Reaction Score
I can’t wrap my head around Lebron joining the Rockets. Why not join Pelicans?

the Q

Reaction Score
Players Association wouldn't agree to cap smoothing, so cap had a massive jump and allowed them to sign Durant.

owners wanted all those caps and taxes.

the players stuck with what was agreed to.

Also, by basically ending sign and trades because the owners were butt hurt over players having the audacity to want to have some say in where they lived and made a living, made it harder for teams to compete with GS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom