OT: NBA Draft Combine | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Draft Combine

Reaction Score
Watched a bunch, really liked it in general.

Liked the player interviews. Fox is a great kid. Allen from UT awesome.

Fultz interview with Jay Will great. As a C's fan I want Fultz. Tuesday is a huge day.

Thing that would be better is getting more interviews from NBA guys.

They had LarryLegend, Magic, Logo, Phil, tons of others in building at times

Reaction Score
Watched a bunch, really liked it in general.

Liked the player interviews. Fox is a great kid. Allen from UT awesome.

Fultz interview with Jay Will great. As a C's fan I want Fultz. Tuesday is a huge day.

Thing that would be better is getting more interviews from NBA guys.

They had LarryLegend, Magic, Logo, Phil, tons of others in building at times

I am really excited for Tuesday. As you said, unbelievably huge. I would love to see the Lakers slip to 4 and the 76ers to get two top 4 picks. I also would love to see a team like the TWolves with a great young core get lucky again and sneak into the top 2. And yes, I do want to see the Celtics with Fultz or Ball as well. These are teams with great looking future rosters that can be picking in the top 5 in such a good class and this will shape the NBA in the post-Lebron era.

I didn't see Allen interviewed but I would take that kid over Markkanen from UA or Collins in a heartbeat and I wouldn't be surprised to see him slide into the top 8.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I am really excited for Tuesday. As you said, unbelievably huge. I would love to see the Lakers slip to 4 and the 76ers to get two top 4 picks. I also would love to see a team like the TWolves with a great young core get lucky again and sneak into the top 2. And yes, I do want to see the Celtics with Fultz or Ball as well. These are teams with great looking future rosters that can be picking in the top 5 in such a good class and this will shape the NBA in the post-Lebron era.

I didn't see Allen interviewed but I would take that kid over Markkanen from UA or Collins in a heartbeat and I wouldn't be surprised to see him slide into the top 8.

I like both Bigs named Collins in this draft.

Both are being severely underrated IMO.

This draft really isn't as good as most people thought it was going to be. It's more deep than top heavy. i don't think any of the top prospects really fit boston all that great.

Reaction Score
this draft is so deep

Allen is phenomenal, I would honestly take him as #2 after Fultz

He looks like a more skilled version of Myles Turner

Also, that French kid, if he's there with C's
2nd grab and stash

the Q

Reaction Score
this draft is so deep

Allen is phenomenal, I would honestly take him as #2 after Fultz

He looks like a more skilled version of Myles Turner

Also, that French kid, if he's there with C's
2nd grab and stash

the guy with the 7'6 wing span?

Danny may have to move back into round 1 to make sure he lands him.

But I'd be ok with that.

Just don't LOVE the talent at the top. It's kinda below average for 1-1 IIRC form some of Pelton's work.

Reaction Score
This draft really isn't as good as most people thought it was going to be. It's more deep than top heavy. i don't think any of the top prospects really fit boston all that great.

Some of the top bigs underwhelmed (Bam, Bolden). The injuries to Giles took the ceiling of the draft down a bit by itself. Jackson, Ball, Tatum, Fox all have holes. Fultz is essentially unassailable due to his lack of them.

the Q

Reaction Score
Some of the top bigs underwhelmed (Bam, Bolden). The injuries to Giles took the ceiling of the draft down a bit by itself. Jackson, Ball, Tatum, Fox all have holes. Fultz is essentially unassailable due to his lack of them.

yeah, ESPN had an article saying that Fultz had no holes, but Collins and Ball still projected as better pros due to their strengths.

Again, not an overwhelming class.

A trade down wouldn't make me sad...at all.

Reaction Score
I love Fultz, love

I think he can be the best player in the league within 4-5 years

Having said that the C's will miss out on him like Duncan and others

Reaction Score
This draft has been hyped for years but I think it is overrated now. Still good, but I don't see as much star potential as it looked a year or 2 ago with Tatum looking super 1 dimensional and Giles being hurt. Who really has star potential? Fultz for sure, I think Ball, and after that its a crap shoot. I do like Monk and Smith more than most and think they have huge ceilings. Guys like Allen and the French PG and even Ferguson are super raw but have great potential.

Some of the players I like more than their projected rankings on Draft Express are Monk, Smith, Allen, Anunoby, Rabb, Evans, Thomas Bryant.

I really, really like Evans and wouldn't be surprised to see Anunoby be more of an elite role player than Josh Jackson. I think Rabb is a sure thing as a rotation big and guys in the 20's are not sure thing NBA players.

Some of the guys I like less than their rankings are Tatum, Foxx, Markkanen, Mitchell, Kennard.

I wouldn't be surprised if a 2nd round guard like Thornwell has a better career than Mitchell and I expect Jawun Evans to be much better than him. I don't think Kennard will ever be a rotation player and I bet Jackson will wash out of the league. Tatum is a good player but I think the Carmelo lite comparison is spot on. Markkanen looks like a role player to me and Foxx will probably be a good player, but the PG spot is so deep. Is being the 20-25th best PG in the league worth a top 6 pick?

Honestly, I am happy that Jalen didn't test the waters because I think he would have done very well testing at the combine and if a guy like Frank Jackson is hearing enough to be sticking in, Jalen could have as well.

the Q

Reaction Score
This draft has been hyped for years but I think it is overrated now. Still good, but I don't see as much star potential as it looked a year or 2 ago with Tatum looking super 1 dimensional and Giles being hurt. Who really has star potential? Fultz for sure, I think Ball, and after that its a crap shoot. I do like Monk and Smith more than most and think they have huge ceilings. Guys like Allen and the French PG and even Ferguson are super raw but have great potential.

Some of the players I like more than their projected rankings on Draft Express are Monk, Smith, Allen, Anunoby, Rabb, Evans, Thomas Bryant.

Some of the guys I like less than their rankings are Tatum, Foxx, Markkanen, Mitchell, Kennard.

I wouldn't be surprised if a 2nd round guard like Thornwell has a better career than Mitchell I expect Jawun Evans to be much better than him. I don't think Kennard will ever be a rotation player and I bet Jackson will wash out of the league. Tatum is a good player but I think the Carmelo lite comparison is spot on. Markkanen looks like a role player to me and Foxx will probably be a good player, but the PG spot is so deep. Is being the 20-25th best PG in the league worth a top 6 pick?

Foxx D is a huge selling point. He needs to work on J though, no doubt about it. But he can be better than 20-25th as a PG.

I love Thornwell. He's got a classic 3 and D profile. He's really being slept on.

I also like Jordan Bell. He's not gonna be a star, but he has elite defensive versatility (he can basically guard 4 positions) and is efficient on the offensive end, and knows his role.

Tatum has huge upside, and is a better athlete than Melo was. The question with him on D is going to be about effort. The sky is the limit for him though. He might have more upside than anyone in the draft not named Giles. Who has his own flags.

Giles can go any number of ways. he could be this classes Perry Jones though. But he also has a career track where he's it's best player. The question is who has the balls to make that gamble on him?

Reaction Score
It's hard to say as always.

Fox can be a top 10 PG quickly

I want that French big as a stash. He could go earlier than you think, like Thon did last year

The C's have 3 #2s, NBADraft has them taking 3 Euros, I love it. In search of the next Jokic

I really, really like Evans and wouldn't be surprised to see Anunoby be more of an elite role player than Josh Jackson. I think Rabb is a sure thing as a rotation big and guys in the 20's are not sure thing NBA players.

I wouldn't be surprised if a 2nd round guard like Thornwell has a better career than Mitchell and I expect Jawun Evans to be much better than him. I don't think Kennard will ever be a rotation player and I bet Jackson will wash out of the league. Tatum is a good player but I think the Carmelo lite comparison is spot on. Markkanen looks like a role player to me and Foxx will probably be a good player, but the PG spot is so deep. Is being the 20-25th best PG in the league worth a top 6 pick?

Honestly, I am happy that Jalen didn't test the waters because I think he would have done very well testing at the combine and if a guy like Frank Jackson is hearing enough to be sticking in, Jalen could have as well.

Reaction Score
Foxx D is a huge selling point. He needs to work on J though, no doubt about it. But he can be better than 20-25th as a PG.

I love Thornwell. He's got a classic 3 and D profile. He's really being slept on.

I also like Jordan Bell. He's not gonna be a star, but he has elite defensive versatility (he can basically guard 4 positions) and is efficient on the offensive end, and knows his role.

Tatum has huge upside, and is a better athlete than Melo was. The question with him on D is going to be about effort. The sky is the limit for him though. He might have more upside than anyone in the draft not named Giles. Who has his own flags.

Giles can go any number of ways. he could be this classes Perry Jones though. But he also has a career track where he's it's best player. The question is who has the balls to make that gamble on him?

I just see Foxx ending up as Dennis Shroeder. He should have a long career and make a ton of money. Just don't love him. Agree on Bell, not on Tatum. We don't agree on his athleticism. I very may well be wrong - it can be hard to gauge athleticism when the player is so smooth and plays with great pace.. I wish he participated in the combine drills. If he is an above average athlete in the NBA, he definitely has star potential. We saw some of these athleticism questions with Jabari Parker and last year, pre-injury, he was one of the most dynamic forwards in the entire league.

the Q

Reaction Score
I just see Foxx ending up as Dennis Shroeder. He should have a long career and make a ton of money. Just don't love him. Agree on Bell, not on Tatum. We don't agree on his athleticism. I very may well be wrong - it can be hard to gauge athleticism when the player is so smooth and plays with great pace.. I wish he participated in the combine drills. If he is an above average athlete in the NBA, he definitely has star potential. We saw some of these athleticism questions with Jabari Parker and last year, pre-injury, he was one of the most dynamic forwards in the entire league.

I was never a Parker fan.

That guy is legitimately a bad defender.

Tatum appears to be a better athlete than Parker. Or at least he plays like it.

Reaction Score

Parker is one of the best in game dunkers in the entire NBA. He has shown himself to be an extremely good athlete by NBA standards, and the reason I brought him up is because his athleticism was questioned while at Duke, as is Tatum's. Agree to disagree on this one.

Reaction Score

I LOVE Tatum and am not concerned whatsoever about athleticism with him. Also think his outside shot will develop quite nicely. Only guy that I'd clearly take over him is Fultz (Ball would depend on positional need).

Also fully agree on the skepticism on Jackson.

Reaction Score
Draft Express' latest mock has him going 24th to Utah, so yes, the C's would need to trade back into 1st

the guy with the 7'6 wing span?

Danny may have to move back into round 1 to make sure he lands him.

But I'd be ok with that.

Just don't LOVE the talent at the top. It's kinda below average for 1-1 IIRC form some of Pelton's work.

Reaction Score
Frank Jackson definitely hasn't shown much. Liked him coming out of high school. Don't think duke did a great job with him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom