OT: National Ice Cream Day, July 16th | The Boneyard

OT: National Ice Cream Day, July 16th

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
National Ice Cream Day is fast approaching ... this coming Sunday July 16th

dancing bear.gif

Just a few days of advance notice, so you can get your taste buds and stomach prepared. :cool:

Reaction Score
National Ice Cream Day is fast approaching ... this coming Sunday July 16th

View attachment 23481

Just a few days of advance notice, so you can get your taste buds and stomach prepared. :cool:
If you have to get your taste buds and stomach prepared for ice cream---isn't that almost un-American?? Or am I such a glutton that I'm always read for ice cream, too.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
For those in the northwest suburbs of Boston, or perchance driving on 495 around those parts, there is an outstanding place for ice cream -- Kimball Farm.

Kimball Farm

westford.main_.jpg

Exit 31 off of 495 will get you there in a jiffy. It's in Westford right next to Littleton.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For those in the northwest suburbs of Boston, or perchance driving on 495 around those parts, there is an outstanding place for ice cream -- Kimball Farm.

Kimball Farm

View attachment 23513

Exit 31 off of 495 will get you there in a jiffy. It's in Westford right next to Littleton.
OMG! Are they giving the stuff away? That's a YUGE crowd. :)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Does Gelato count?

That looks tasty !

Reminds me of another fav place (gelato, not ice cream), this one in north Scottsdale , AZ:

That's Amore Gelato
(#1 on Yelp for the Scottsdale area, by the way)

It's been run by the same wonderful Italian family since opening around 2000 or so. Great place for any BYers vacationing in the Valley!

that-s-amore-gelato.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That looks tasty !

Reminds me of another fav place (gelato, not ice cream), this one in north Scottsdale , AZ:

That's Amore Gelato
(#1 on Yelp for the Scottsdale area, by the way)

It's been run by the same wonderful Italian family since opening around 2000 or so. Great place for any BYers vacationing in the Valley!

that-s-amore-gelato.jpg
Thanks! I'll be in Scottsdale looking for my golf game in October.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Does Gelato count?

Sure does :) Gelato is a subset of ice cream. So-called purists and annoying people will argue that it's different and blah blah blah but: dairy + sugar + mixing + cold = ice cream.

Same for frozen custard, by the way. That's just dairy + sugar + eggs + mixing + cold = ice cream :)

By the way, pay attention when buying ice cream in the super market. A lot of it isn't actually ice cream but "frozen dairy dessert," which means it has either too much air mixed in or not enough dairy fat for it to be legally called ice cream. Actual ice creams will say "ice cream." :)

Reaction Score
In Greenwich, Gofer Ice Cream is very good. Popular little place.

Great place to go to after having pizza at one of the best and authentic pizza places in the state- Pizza Post. Family business. Dad works in the kitchen. One of the brothers went back to Italy to study cooking.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
There is a place nearby in Lexington NC called the BBQ Center. I think they are better known for their ice cream and banana split than their BBQ. This is the banana split :eek::eek:

Bvr_LcNIMAA5byF.jpg

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I dunno. . . Sweet Claudes right on RT 10 in Cheshire has some pretty good ice cream.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There is a place nearby in Lexington NC called the BBQ Center. I think they are better known for their ice cream and banana split than their BBQ. This is the banana split :eek::eek:

Bvr_LcNIMAA5byF.jpg

Nice appetizer for you!

Reaction Score
I did my part. Just ate a large vanilla cone from Twistee Treat in Port Richey FL.
Was right on the verge of brain freeze through the whole thing.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Went to a local ice cream place called Mayberry's. I used to go their often for a thing they call the Pound Cake Sundae... havent had one in 10-15 years........ figured today was the perfect day to reintroduce myself to one.

Imagine this......

A Thick rectangular piece of Pound Cake... slathered on both sides with butter... then placed under a sandwich press to get it nice and toasty.... then topped with a scoop of ice cream of your choice (i chose vanilla today, I used to go with the mint chocolate chip)..... and then topped with whipped cream.... either hot fudge or strawberry syrup (i chose hot fudge) and topped with a cherry. And of course... the second the ice cream hits the warmed pound cake....a little bit of melting occurs....

24b9ahe.gif

my thoughts exactly :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom