OT: - OT My newest visitor... | The Boneyard

OT: OT My newest visitor...

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Snake.jpg

Reaction Score
Nice rattlesnake. Are you in CT? Looks to be 8 years old.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Los Angeles. The picture doesn't quite do it justice. It was about 3 and half feet when stretched out and thick. Larger than I'm comfortable dealing with so we called the fire department. They showed up with snake catching stuff and a flat head shovel, but it escaped under the fence into the brush. They said, 'we don't chase them.' So now I have a pissed off rattle snake in the brush outside my fence. Cool.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Los Angeles. The picture doesn't quite do it justice. It was about 3 and half feet when stretched out and thick. Larger than I'm comfortable dealing with so we called the fire department. They showed up with snake catching stuff and a flat head shovel, but it escaped under the fence into the brush. They said, 'we don't chase them.' So now I have a pissed off rattle snake in the brush outside my fence. Cool.

Nice picture. Good reference of snake length with the ground light.

Definitely healthy and nothing you should mess with unless you're a pro.

Any chance of calling a pest removal service? A few bucks for piece of mind of that snake not showing back up is worth it.

Reaction Score
I’m gonna say. I think it’d be pretty easy to chop its head off with a hoe or flat shovel.

Or I’d squirt it with lighter fluid and toss a match.

Calling the officials is weak sauce, jleves.

Reaction Score
I remember catching a rattlesnake swimming as a teenager. Check that, my psycho boss caught one barehanded in the water. I never knew rattlesnakes could swim before that day.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Your rodent problems are gone, but I hope you have no small animals that are outdoors. Not fun at all and I hope someone takes it out of your area to the desert

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom