OT - My daughter's College Career is done | The Boneyard

OT - My daughter's College Career is done

Reaction Score
But..........here is what this team, the Becker Hawks, accomplished this year. My daughter is Dowdy.

HISTORIC SEASON
The 2018-2019 season was truly a benchmark year for the Hawks.
• With 20 victories, this year's team is the winningest in Becker history. Their .714 winning percentage is their highest since joining the NCAA 21 years ago. With their seven-game winning streak from February 8th to February 22nd, the Hawks matched their program record for the longest winning streak in team history for the NCAA era, set during the 2007-2008 season.
• The team's 15-3 record in NECC games is the best since joining the conference in 2009.
• Harrison and Dowdy became the eighth and ninth players, respectively, to join the 1000 career point scoring list, and are the first new additions to the list since 2014.
• Dowdy set the school record in career rebounds, passing the previous record of 1007. As of press time, she is one of just nine active players in the nation with both 1000 career points and 1000 career rebounds, and is the first in Becker history to reach that milestone.
• Harrison, Dowdy and McKissick were all voted to the NECC All-Conference team, the most All-Conference selections the Hawks have picked up since joining the NECC in 2009.
• McKissick led the NECC in assists per game despite playing every game at forward.
• Harrison set a school record for free-throw shooting in the NCAA era, as she shot 85.5 percent from the line to break the previous record of .833 set by her teammate, senior guard Katey Anderson (Beachwood, N.J. / Toms River), in 2015-2016. Harrison also tied a school record for steals in a single game with ten against Newbury College in the NECC quarterfinals.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
But.....here is what this team, the Becker Hawks, accomplished this year. My daughter is Dowdy.

HISTORIC SEASON
The 2018-2019 season was truly a benchmark year for the Hawks.
• With 20 victories, this year's team is the winningest in Becker history. Their .714 winning percentage is their highest since joining the NCAA 21 years ago. With their seven-game winning streak from February 8th to February 22nd, the Hawks matched their program record for the longest winning streak in team history for the NCAA era, set during the 2007-2008 season.
• The team's 15-3 record in NECC games is the best since joining the conference in 2009.
• Harrison and Dowdy became the eighth and ninth players, respectively, to join the 1000 career point scoring list, and are the first new additions to the list since 2014.
• Dowdy set the school record in career rebounds, passing the previous record of 1007. As of press time, she is one of just nine active players in the nation with both 1000 career points and 1000 career rebounds, and is the first in Becker history to reach that milestone.
• Harrison, Dowdy and McKissick were all voted to the NECC All-Conference team, the most All-Conference selections the Hawks have picked up since joining the NECC in 2009.
• McKissick led the NECC in assists per game despite playing every game at forward.
• Harrison set a school record for free-throw shooting in the NCAA era, as she shot 85.5 percent from the line to break the previous record of .833 set by her teammate, senior guard Katey Anderson (Beachwood, N.J. / Toms River), in 2015-2016. Harrison also tied a school record for steals in a single game with ten against Newbury College in the NECC quarterfinals.

I'll bet you made every home game, and was one of their biggest fans. Congratulations. :)

Reaction Score
I can empathise with you .. I had two daughters play for Christ the King HS in Queens [NY] and then in college .. there are so many benefits to playing team sports: you learn about teamwork['I've got your back'], camaraderie, sacrifice, goal setting and striving for them, overcoming adversity and more life lessons .. being successful in this endeavor - individually or team-wise - is just icing on the cake .. in any event, congratulations to Dowdy and her team!

Reaction Score
Congrats, you should be most proud. The challenge now is how to detox. Had three girls all playing competitive soccer through the years - travel, club, premiere, elite then college. Incredible ride for them and me but I had to then fill the void when the ride was over. Good luck....

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Congratulations and condolences. Your daughter has completed a fantastic career and both you and she should be congratulated for that achievement. My condolences because unless you have another younger, sports oriented child at home, you’re going to be a little bit lost for a time while you figure out what to do with yourself.

Reaction Score
Thanks everyone! It will be tough, but she has a couple of things planned......1) She is going to the combine in July. This will get her some looks from overseas teams. Will she make one? Probably not, but she has nothing to lose by going. And I get to take a vacation to Vegas!! 2) She is looking into a GA position. She has one offer and is applying to a few more schools. 3) a high school coach messaged her on twitter with an offier to coach the JV team. So, although she probably won't be playing, I will still get to see her in action!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom