OT - My Daughter (Please move to General if Need Be) | The Boneyard

OT - My Daughter (Please move to General if Need Be)

Reaction Score
My daughter recently graduated from Becker College with her bachelor's degree in sports management. She won "Scholar Athlete of the Year". And numerous other basketball awards.

Although she is going to the combine in Vegas in July, it's long shot, but hey, it's also a vacation.

If she doesn't get offered to play over seas, she has received and excepted a grad assistant position at The University of Incarnate Word. They are located in San Antonio Texas. The basketball team became a D1 school about 2 years ago. This is such an amazing opportunity for her to begin her coaching career. I am so excited!!

Reaction Score
My daughter recently graduated from Becker College with her bachelor's degree in sports management. She won "Scholar Athlete of the Year". And numerous other basketball awards.

Although she is going to the combine in Vegas in July, it's long shot, but hey, it's also a vacation.

If she doesn't get offered to play over seas, she has received and excepted a grad assistant position at The University of Incarnate Word. They are located in San Antonio Texas. The basketball team became a D1 school about 2 years ago. This is such an amazing opportunity for her to begin her coaching career. I am so excited!!
Great kids are a direct result of great parents. Congratulations to you, your husband, and of course your daughter.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What a wonderful time. I remember the whirlwind fondly: the graduation. Which combine(s)? Best job offers? Best overseas leagues? Does she hire an agent? Soul searching to answer is she done with competitive basketball? Is coaching the next stop? Does she brush up on French , German, or Italian? Can she keep her cell phone # without paying an arm and a leg? Is there someone from her league playing overseas on that same team?
Two firm pieces of advice:
Enjoy it because times flies.
Netflix.

Reaction Score

Congratulations :) What wonderful achievements for your daughter. Her future will certainly be filled with joy and blessings each day forward. She will excel in all that she does, for she has the support and love of family.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

My congratulations and condolences. I’m sure you take tremendous pride in your daughter’s academic and athletic achievements, along with the delightful knowledge that those large bills for tuition, room and fees are a thing of the past.

On the other hand, you’ve probably been watching your daughter play ball since she was in grade school. If this is the end of her playing days, when basketball season rolls around next year, you’re going to be a little bit lost. I know that I was.

Reaction Score
My congratulations and condolences. I’m sure you take tremendous pride in your daughter’s academic and athletic achievements, along with the delightful knowledge that those large bills for tuition, room and fees are a thing of the past.

On the other hand, you’ve probably been watching your daughter play ball since she was in grade school. If this is the end of her playing days, when basketball season rolls around next year, you’re going to be a little bit lost. I know that I was.

It was an adjust going from playing all year round to college. So, I will def be lost.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom