OT - my amazing daughter | The Boneyard

OT - my amazing daughter

Reaction Score
IMG_1425.PNG

Not only did she make 2nd and 3rd team all conferences, she's pretty good academically too. Yup...all academic team. Proud momma here!

FYI....I asked her if she was surprised. "I expected it. I have a 3.8".

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nice! Congrats!

My middle granddaughter is hoping for a soccer scholarship at some level. She played on the Philippines U-16 team last summer and had a good year with both her high school team and club team. Starting about September 1 of her junior year, coaches can talk directly to her. She's undersized but skilled and is definitely a BADASS.

She and her older sister, who graduated last week, is headed to Marquette on a partial academic scholarship, and retired from soccer a couple of years ago, attend the high school that Newsweek ranks #25 in the country.

Reaction Score
Nice! Congrats!

My middle granddaughter is hoping for a soccer scholarship at some level. She played on the Philippines U-16 team last summer and had a good year with both her high school team and club team. Starting about September 1 of her junior year, coaches can talk directly to her. She's undersized but skilled and is definitely a BADASS.

She and her older sister, who graduated last week, is headed to Marquette on a partial academic scholarship, and retired from soccer a couple of years ago, attend the high school that Newsweek ranks #25 in the country.

Nice. Such a great thing to see these kids doing what they love

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nice. Such a great thing to see these kids doing what they love
Thanks. Interestingly, Cait (the younger one) was reluctant to play when she was 5 and her sister was 7. But ultimately she had more passion than her sister.

Lots of folks on the board have daughters, nieces, or granddaughters who are good athletes.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Interestingly, Cait (the younger one) was reluctant to play when she was 5 and her sister was 7. But ultimately she had more passion than her sister.

Lots of folks on the board have daughters, nieces, or granddaughters who are good athletes.

My daughter was ready to quit a few times even in high school. Thankfully she stuck it out. Now she's thinking about going over seas

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
View attachment 22794

Not only did she make 2nd and 3rd team all conferences, she's pretty good academically too. Yup...all academic team. Proud momma here!

Congratulations on your daughter's achievement. Enjoy every minute of it while it lasts, because it's over far too soon.

Reaction Score
View attachment 22794

I'm always impressed by Woman athletes who excel in sports and academics--that is not EASY---time and dedication are demanded
Congratulations to her--tell her the BY is supporting her---
I won't congratulate you--she did the work--but you deserve a pat on the back for having such a woman in your family.

Reaction Score
T-ball to Senior Day...in the blink of an eye ;)
Too true, although my daughters (26 and 29) still play indoor soccer once a week year round and I still go see them play once in awhile. Interestingly, I think they have more plain fun playing now than they did in high school or college. Not that they didn't always love the game.

Reaction Score
Too true, although my daughters (26 and 29) still play indoor soccer once a week year round and I still go see them play once in awhile. Interestingly, I think they have more plain fun playing now than they did in high school or college. Not that they didn't always love the game.
You nailed it in the second to last sentence---HS and College sports teach "stay with the job" and how to dedicate yourself--not always fun. I have always contended the 100,000,000 pros---would be playing in some gym or play yard for free --if there wasn't the NBA or WNBA. I'm far from pro material--but I was playing pickup games well into my 60's for fun--I love the game.

Reaction Score
I'm always impressed by Woman athletes who excel in sports and academics--that is not EASY---time and dedication are demanded
Congratulations to her--tell her the BY is supporting her---
I won't congratulate you--she did the work--but you deserve a pat on the back for having such a woman in your family.

Thank you

Reaction Score
You nailed it in the second to last sentence---HS and College sports teach "stay with the job" and how to dedicate yourself--not always fun. I have always contended the 100,000,000 pros---would be playing in some gym or play yard for free --if there wasn't the NBA or WNBA. I'm far from pro material--but I was playing pickup games well into my 60's for fun--I love the game.

My daughter has played the same way whether it was high school or AAU. She fractured her ankle the summer before her freshman year of college while playing in a summer league. The league meant absolutely nothing. It was more for fun than anything else. I had to tell her unless she is playing in a game, she can't play that way. She can't dive for loose balls. She hasn't played in the league since. I think she was more afraid then anything else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom