OT: Muschamp | The Boneyard

OT: Muschamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A lot of speculation this might be it for Muschamp at Florida. He needs to go 2-2 over the last 4 to be bowl eligible. They are down 17-0 to Vandy in 2nd quarter, if they can't comeback they would have to beat either South Carolina in Columbia or FSU at home the last game.

Charlie Strong would have to be considered a front-runner if the position opened. It could open up an interesting chain reaction amongst our possible coaching candidates.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If Florida loses today, they're going to need to beat FSU to get bowl eligible.

He's starting to feel the heat but the roster is decimated by injuries. It's 50/50 that he makes it to next year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They can get bowl eligible by beating South Carolina.

Reaction Score
McMurphyESPN1:09pm via TweetDeck
Florida's streak of 22 consecutive bowls, 2nd longest current streak, in serious jeopardy w/loss today

I agree that da Ville is gonna have to open the purses again to keep Strong once the dominoes start to fall.

Reaction Score
I thought Strong was already making three million plus? Not too many coaches in that stratosphere. If Florida offers more I'm sure he will jump. Teddy Bridegewater types don't come around often.

Reaction Score
I thought Strong was already making three million plus? Not too many coaches in that stratosphere. If Florida offers more I'm sure he will jump. Teddy Bridegewater types don't come around often.
Good point about Bridgewaters not coming along very often. However, Louisville has shown that they are willing to admit ANY student athlete, and that must be pretty tempting for a coach - knowing that a school will admit any player you ask for-no questions asked.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I had actually heard rumors back in September that Strong might have interest following Bridgewater to the NFL. It's only a matter of time before he leaves. Louisville will have the cash to get a big name though.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Florida has something in common with UConn. Gators don't have anyone who can play OT and their line is a train wreck as well.

Reaction Score
“@LarryVettel: F-Y-I.. the last time Vandy beat Florida Ronald Reagan was President, Will Muschamp was in High School and none of these players were born.”

Reaction Score
Looks like Muschamp will be on tne hunt for his 3rd OC

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Strong is gone after this season. No way he stays with the Cards with no Bridgewater in the NFL. He'll parlay his success into a better job (Florida, NFL, Texas, USC?) this offseason.

Dooley

Reaction Score
While I don't think Muschamp gets fired because of the insane amount of injuries they suffered this year, I would put him in my top 5 should he become available.

Reaction Score
Muschamp demonstrates the dangers of hiring the "hot coordinator".

Reaction Score
Muschamp demonstrates the dangers of hiring the "hot coordinator".
They were in the sugar bowl last year. Were in the national title conversation late into the year. This shat is too reactionary year to year. Injuries got him starting a two star qb out of Wethersfield, Ct. Just kidding about the last part. It is amazing to me that people want to coach at places like Auburn and Florida. Chizik gets fired at Auburn two years after winning a national title. Muschamp is on the hot seat a year after playing in the Sugar Bowl. Saban's ridiculous success at Bama has a lot of boosters in SEC country suffering from penis envy.

Reaction Score
They were in the sugar bowl last year. Were in the national title conversation late into the year. This shat is too reactionary year to year. Injuries got him starting a two star qb out of Wethersfield, Ct. Just kidding about the last part. It is amazing to me that people want to coach at places like Auburn and Florida. Chizik gets fired at Auburn two years after winning a national title. Muschamp is on the hot seat a year after playing in the Sugar Bowl. Saban's ridiculous success at Bama has a lot of boosters in SEC country suffering from penis envy.

Chizik was a lousy coach who benefited from one other-worldly player. Last season was the outlier for Florida, and the dirty little secret is that they had a cake walk schedule and weren't that good.

Reaction Score
Chizik was a lousy coach who benefited from one other-worldly player. Last season was the outlier for Florida, and the dirty little secret is that they had a cake walk schedule and weren't that good.
I feel the same about Bridgewater and Louisville. Though I think Strong is okay, not as bad as chizik.

Reaction Score
They were in the sugar bowl last year. Were in the national title conversation late into the year.

>>It also seems absurd that Florida would fire a football coach who went 11-1 in the regular season last year, coming within a game of playing for the national title.

But when that season is sandwiched between 7-6 and 5-7 (this year's likely record), it raises concerns for Florida's fan base, which showed its displeasure Saturday by leaving thousands of empty seats at homecoming.<<

... They sit home and UCF goes to Sugar Bowl watch the volume get turned up higher and higher. Crazy.

Reaction Score
I feel the same about Bridgewater and Louisville. Though I think Strong is okay, not as bad as chizik.

I don't think that much of Strong either, to be honest. UL is not particularly disciplined.

Reaction Score
I don't think that much of Strong either, to be honest. UL is not particularly disciplined.
I 100% agree. I'm certainly not saying he is a "bad" coach by any stretch, but he has the best facilities/support in the league, they will accept ANY "student" athlete he wants, and he relies heavily on Bridgewater a la T A&M with Manziel (albeit a different type of QB). I think he is a solid coach-no more, no less. Undisciplined team for sure.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I've seen 4 Louisville games this year (Temple, UCF, USF, UCONN) and am not overly impressed with what I've seen. They are clearly a benefactor of ESPiN's early season noise machine with all that nonsense talk about a national championship.

Reaction Score
>>It also seems absurd that Florida would fire a football coach who went 11-1 in the regular season last year, coming within a game of playing for the national title.

But when that season is sandwiched between 7-6 and 5-7 (this year's likely record), it raises concerns for Florida's fan base, which showed its displeasure Saturday by leaving thousands of empty seats at homecoming.<<

... They sit home and UCF goes to Sugar Bowl watch the volume get turned up higher and higher. Crazy.
Here is my thing. Results should matter, Do I think Chizik is good, ....No! But a national title should buy you more time than that. Same thing with Muschamp. UF's injuries would be insurmountable for any one. At UF, I largely think it is envy that they are no longer the class of the SEC as they were under Myer and Spurrier, pre Saban at Alabama.

Dooley

Reaction Score

This line hits the nail on the head. I was a little surprised to see Bielema leave Wisconsin for Arkansas last year because in SEC Land, there doesn't seem to be 1) reasonable expectations from every fanbase other than Vandy or Kentucky and 2) patience. If you don't win a national championship in your first two seasons as head coach in the SEC, you're out. And nobody will win a national championship for as long as Nick Saban is at Alabama. But hey, we might become a Dan Mullen benefactor so I guess it's not all that bad.

Reaction Score
Strong is gone after this season. No way he stays with the Cards with no Bridgewater in the NFL. He'll parlay his success into a better job (Florida, NFL, Texas, USC?) this offseason.

The kid backing up Bridgewater is supposed to be pretty good too, so I wouldn't be surprised if Strong sticks around... I don't see him bolting for a NFL gig... If SEC gig comes calling then I see him there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom