OT: Mr. Wirth's donation... | The Boneyard

OT: Mr. Wirth's donation...

Reaction Score
Saw in the Hartford Courant this week the Mr. Wirth (he of the Wirth family basketball facility) just donated an additional $ 22.5 Million to the University. Question; Does this money add to UConn's endowment? I am obtuse on such matters.

Reaction Score
Werth*

He donated it to create an Innovation & Entrepreneurship Institute at UConn and to fund it for a bunch of years. So no, it doesn't go to the endowment. It's earmarked for a specific purpose.

Reaction Score
Werth*

He donated it to create an Innovation & Entrepreneurship Institute at UConn and to fund it for a bunch of years. So no, it doesn't go to the endowment. It's earmarked for a specific purpose.

The majority of funds in the endowment are earmarked for a specific purpose. I strongly suspect this does indeed add to the UConn Endowment Fund.

Reaction Score
The majority of funds in the endowment are earmarked for a specific purpose. I strongly suspect this does indeed add to the UConn Endowment Fund.
$20 million is not paid until he dies

Reaction Score

You are correct. It will add to the endowment.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The majority of funds in the endowment (any endowment) are restricted from even spending on the specific purpose for which they are earmarked. Many times, they are meant to be a fixed principle, where only the investment income is spent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom