OT: Molly's Home Town Barnstable | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Molly's Home Town Barnstable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm surprised no one has mentioned John Morgan. John is a legend at the Cape. He and his 12 string guitar have been playing happy hours for over 40 years.

Reaction Score
There is a Founders Day parade in Sandwich, MA and the ancestors of the Founders march by families of the 10 Founding Fathers of Sandwich. My brother had to divide his family into three groups to cover the relations, Edmund Freeman being our key relation who was born in Sussex, England in 1595 and died and was buried in Sandwich in 1682..
I'm surprised the ancestors of the Founders were still able to march! :)

Reaction Score
I expect it would have been similar to when my wife, her mother, and I went to Provincetown at the end of October 1991 and met up with the Perfect Storm. I knew that trip was going to be different when we saw gannets over land while crossing the Sagamore Bridge.
I took a nap through the main part of the storm. The aftermath was the killer. Lots of road closures (downed trees and power lines), no power from Monday afternoon until Friday evening. We gutted it out. Had to go get water at the police/fire house on Rt. 6 every day, but managed to 1 round in at Dennis Highlands. They lost a few trees too.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'm surprised the ancestors of the Founders were still able to march! :)
They are a tough lot we think possibly they were related to Ezekiel, as well. Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There is a Founders Day parade in Sandwich, MA and the ancestors of the Founders march by families of the 10 Founding Fathers of Sandwich. My brother had to divide his family into three groups to cover the relations, Edmund Freeman being our key relation who was born in Sussex, England in 1595 and died and was buried in Sandwich in 1682..

Dying at 87! Guy was made of cast iron!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Rumor is he swam ahead of the ship pulling it along with a rope between his teeth. Seems he was motivated by a pursuing polar bear.

The Bear is feelin' it this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy