OT: Michaela dominates two World cup events in Aspen | The Boneyard

OT: Michaela dominates two World cup events in Aspen

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Winning margins in seconds instead of the usual 100's of...
Total domination
Olde Coach would have been so proud.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
You bet he would have!

Just a reminder: Mikaela was a student at Burke Mt. Ski Academy....founded by Olde Coach some 45 years ago. I knew nothing about skiing
prior to knowing Olde Coach but I learned a bit from his phone calls....often about Mikaela. He said as she grew older her expertise
would grow from the slalom to the giant slalom to the super G and finally perhaps to the downhill. He was thrilled with her wins
but even moreso with the kind of person she is.

I remember he told me of how he came to know of her. He was up at the academy for some function and an instructor called him into the office to take a look at a video of Shriffin...maybe when she was around 14.
Olde Coach went in to watch her do a slalom run at the academy and he said he immediately broke into tears....at the grand spectacle of technique and beauty combined
in one so young. I asked him if he was serious and he actually started to both laugh....and cry again at the memory.

Olympics 2018....Go Mikaela!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
blakeon18 said:
You bet he would have! Just a reminder: Mikaela was a student at Burke Mt. Ski Academy....founded by Olde Coach some 45 years ago. I knew nothing about skiing prior to knowing Olde Coach but I learned a bit from his phone calls....often about Mikaela. He said as she grew older her expertise would grow from the slalom to the giant slalom to the super G and finally perhaps to the downhill. He was thrilled with her wins but even moreso with the kind of person she is. I remember he told me of how he came to know of her. He was up at the academy for some function and an instructor called him into the office to take a look at a video of Shriffin...maybe when she was around 14. Olde Coach went in to watch her do a slalom run at the academy and he said he immediately broke into tears....at the grand spectacle of technique and beauty combined in one so young. I asked him if he was serious and he actually started to both laugh....and cry again at the memory. Olympics 2018....Go Mikaela!

Priceless post! In memoriam - OldeCoach! Thanks for sharing that memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer