(OT) Men's tourney | The Boneyard

(OT) Men's tourney

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Probably not a lot of yall watch MCBB, but an exciting first day of the tourney. Watching this Purdue-North Texas game.... and Neile Ivey's kid is showing out tonight.... 23 points so far. They panned to the crowd to show his mother with a Purdue shirt on cheering like crazy.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
and Purdue survives regulation... North Texas had a couple of chances for the win.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In the South bracket... I had UNC vs Purdue and Texas Tech vs Ohio State. Welp.

How’d Ohio State do? ?

You have something against OSU ?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I haven't watched a men's basketball game in years, be it NBA or NCAA, it's not basketball to me. I learned it when it was below the rim and it was a team game, not one on one and who can get on Sports Center with the best jam of the night.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
giphy-5.gif

Plebe

Reaction Score
Probably not a lot of yall watch MCBB, but an exciting first day of the tourney. Watching this Purdue-North Texas game.... and Neile Ivey's kid is showing out tonight.... 23 points so far. They panned to the crowd to show his mother with a Purdue shirt on cheering like crazy.
At least now Niele can say she "went" to the NCAA Tournament :cool:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I haven't watched a men's basketball game in years, be it NBA or NCAA, it's not basketball to me. I learned it when it was below the rim and it was a team game, not one on one and who can get on Sports Center with the best jam of the night.
College teams aren’t like that. Try watching some of the UConn men vs Maryland tonight, they might surprise you

Plebe

Reaction Score
Antonelli is much much better and easier to listen to on men's broadcasts than the women's
She was on the Houston game last night and it was a very different listening experience than what I'm used to with her.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
8 double digit seeds have advanced to Round of 32. Abilene Christian could be the 9th. Several of them are from P5 conferences, so may not be Cinderellas (I think Oregon St. would fit the bill though).

Zags looked like a #1 seed.

The much maligned Pac 12 is perfect so far. All 5 teams still alive.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Abliene Christian just don't wanna win this game

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That #32 is strapped. Next college basketball player to NFL tight end conversion?

Plebe

Reaction Score
First time that 4 teams seeded 13 or lower have won a game.

The men's game is just so different from the women's game in terms of the depth and breadth of talent. There are just so many players and the 'bell curve' is just so much flatter.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
First time that 4 teams seeded 13 or lower have won a game.

The men's game is just so different from the women's game in terms of the depth and breadth of talent. There are just so many players and the 'bell curve' is just so much flatter.
I think it's impossible to quantify how much one and done effects men's hoops. The most talented players are bailing after a year, 2 tops. You just can't accumulate and consolidate talent in men's hoops the way you can in women's.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I think it's impossible to quantify how much one and done effects men's hoops. The most talented players are bailing after a year, 2 tops. You just can't accumulate and consolidate talent in men's hoops the way you can in women's.
I think that is a big part of it. But I do think that the "investment" in hoops is also greater in the so-called "mid-major" programs. And there are more talented players that go other than to the P5.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom