Ot: Maryland President Wallace Loh: "UNC should get the death penalty" | The Boneyard

Ot: Maryland President Wallace Loh: "UNC should get the death penalty"

Reaction Score

>>Meanwhile, Joel Curran, the Vice Chancellor of Communications at UNC, said UNC officials were “surprised” by Loh’s commentary.

“We were surprised that a sitting university president with no direct knowledge of our case would choose to offer such uninformed and highly speculative opinions,” Curran wrote in an email. “Clearly, Dr. Loh misunderstands the facts of the case, and how NCAA bylaws apply to those facts. We are now preparing our response to a third Notice of Allegations and suggest he read it fully once it has been submitted to the NCAA and made public.”<<

Reaction Score
Team Redeem Slogan for UNC and the Baylor Mentality T-shirt show just how blind the NCAA can be to serious violations.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
they punished us for APR violations, changed the rules, and then punished us again for the same violation is a lot less time than it's taking them to rule on UNC who CONFESSED to academic fraud

Academic fraud is far worse than kids transferring that were not in good academic standing, yet another example of bureaucratic incompetence. They live in some sort of fog

Reaction Score
they punished us for APR violations, changed the rules, and then punished us again for the same violation is a lot less time than it's taking them to rule on UNC who CONFESSED to academic fraud

Academic fraud is far worse than kids transferring that were not in good academic standing, yet another example of bureaucratic incompetence. They live in some sort of fog

They don't live in a fog actually they just punish accordingly based on the impact overall of the program and conference. At least it would seem UNC is far more important to them than UConn. Going way back the first person they sent in to investigate the potential fraud was a UNC grad working for them, that said it all from the start don't ya think? LOL

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The fact that his comments specific to UNC were unprompted is even more interesting.... wonder why Susan thinks, I'm sure she agrees considering how the NCAA loves UConn..../s

Reaction Score
What amazes me most about the last four years of this scandal is how douchey a vast number of UNC fans seem to be. Many don't want to concede the most basic facts of the case.

Reaction Score
What amazes me most about the last four years of this scandal is how douchey a vast number of UNC fans seem to be. Many don't want to concede the most basic facts of the case.

Where? On sports boards? In real life, the overwhelming reaction I've seen from UNC grads is anger and humiliation that the academic reputation of their university -- and thus to a degree them -- has been tarnished by someone(s) making a decision that they needed an athletic advantage and that was worth damaging one of the best flagship universities in the country.

It is quite possible that Loh's comment was not a throwaway made ad how. It may be a statement that the non-ACC P5 members see no reason to damage all of college athletics to protect this one school.

We shall see.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
They don't live in a fog actually they just punish accordingly based on the impact overall of the program and conference. At least it would seem UNC is far more important to them than UConn. Going way back the first person they sent in to investigate the potential fraud was a UNC grad working for them, that said it all from the start don't ya think? LOL
Well the NCAA President was fired from UCONN and if this was a court room should have recused himself

Reaction Score
>>Meanwhile, Joel Curran, the Vice Chancellor of Communications at UNC, said UNC officials were “surprised” by Loh’s commentary.

“We were surprised that a sitting university president with no direct knowledge of our case would choose to offer such uninformed and highly speculative opinions,” Curran wrote in an email. “Clearly, Dr. Loh misunderstands the facts of the case, and how NCAA bylaws apply to those facts. We are now preparing our response to a third Notice of Allegations and suggest he read it fully once it has been submitted to the NCAA and made public.”<<
The venomous defensiveness of that response is telling to me of who runs UNCheat. Loh's comments really did not seem inflammatory at all

Reaction Score
How likely is banning NC from any competition for a full season? The entire roster would be granted transfers but they would have a long line of 5 stars for the season after. Better than that would be letting them play the season then a 2 year ban from the NCAA tournament. Ultimately I bet they get a 1 year tourney ban which kills them next year with a good team back. Not enough granted.

Reaction Score

I wonder how you say "Joel Curran is a smug piece of fetid dog s***" in Swahili?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They should also have two NCs taken off the books.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
One of my brackets was in a tie for first place in the ESPN bracket challenge and UNC ended that when I was just 2 minutes and change away from victory, having picked Gonzaga to win it all. I didn't think it was possible for me to hate them more than I already did, but that made it happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom