Ot Maryland Loses, Again. | The Boneyard

Ot Maryland Loses, Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have only been keeping an eye on results so not sure what has happened to team. Have ND at Landover and then 2 away games to finish season. Could be 2-10 if things continue down hill. Athlon picked Maryland at 6-2 and 8-4 so wasn't expected to be this bad.

Unless there is some type of an injury, playing younger guys who are good but not ready, it will take a few good recruiting classes (not his Uconn strength) to get rolling. Uconn would have given him time if he had a losing season or two, not so sure he will get that at Maryland.

Reaction Score
yeah, they are not overjoyed in Maryland at this moment.

Reaction Score
It has been a difficult transition year for coach P but to his credit his players have not quit on him, it appears some of the Maryland players have quit on Edsall. Maryland is no longer competitive.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Maryland didn't lose - it got spanked, 31-13.

One of Maryland’s main concerns heading into Saturday’s game against Virginia was whether its beleaguered rushing defense, ranked 118th among 120 Football Bowl Subdivision teams, could contain a Cavaliers ground game that had been effective this season.
The Terrapins’ 31-13 loss at Byrd Stadium not only supplied the answer to that question — an emphatic “no” — but it also exposed weaknesses in all facets of Maryland football.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
It has been a difficult transition year for coach P but to his credit his players have not quit on him, it appears some of the Maryland players have quit on Edsall. Maryland is no longer competitive.

One thing Edsall was really good at was identifying players that had a lot of pride in themselves. This team showed that today in the second half.

Reaction Score
Howabout them Terp fans...

scaled.php

Reaction Score
One thing Edsall was really good at was identifying players that had a lot of pride in themselves. This team showed that today in the second half.
except these are not his recruits

Reaction Score
Howabout them Terp fans...

scaled.php

Wow, The Rent has never looked like that during a game unless the game was way out of hand. Edsall has his work cut out for him thats for sure. He may have lost the team and fans this year, and will need a bounce back year next season for sure.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
On a side note....I was actually impressed with the crowd today. On TV it looked pretty full throughout the game. I thought that fan apathy had set in, but it looked pretty good on TV.

Reaction Score
The Crowd was pretty packed when the concourse denizens found their way to their seats. What I never understand is the chairback seats are always the most sparsely populated areas of the stadium

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
It looks like Edsall's 'dream job' has turned into a nightmare. You have to be very careful making statements that you might live to regret. I said at the time he left that Maryland is not a step up from UCONN. It looks like the team has quit and once that happens you have little chance of success and keeping your job. As someone pointed out, I doubt Maryland will give him time to turn it around, especially if they go 2-10 or 3-9.
Wow, The Rent has never looked like that during a game unless the game was way out of hand. Edsall has his work cut out for him thats for sure. He may have lost the team and fans this year, and will need a bounce back year next season for sure.

Reaction Score
It looks like Edsall's 'dream job' has turned into a nightmare. You have to be very careful making statements that you might live to regret. I said at the time he left that Maryland is not a step up from UCONN. It looks like the team has quit and once that happens you have little chance of success and keeping your job. As someone pointed out, I doubt Maryland will give him time to turn it around, especially if they go 2-10 or 3-9.

I don't know who said it, but speaking of ADs: you can hire many head coaches, but you can only fire one.

Kevin Anderson fired the Fridge and Edsall is his guy. Don't expect him to give up on him any time soon. I don't think Maryland can afford the buyout, anyway. People were calling for Turner Gill's head after 1 year, too. I don't think you will see a change here for at least three years if Anderson is still the AD.

Reaction Score
well, he has a 6 year contract at $2MM per year. So, he's pretty secure in his job for the next few years. He'll have plenty of time to turn this around. Whether he does it or not, I can't say. But he ain't gettin fired.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
those pictures of the MD stadium - were they after the game was over? at halftime or something? i can't believe the stadium was that empty. i don't know what the official attendance was but that makes it look like there were less than 5,000 people there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom