OT: Mark F%*#ing Sanchez | The Boneyard

OT: Mark F%*#ing Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I have never in my life been more frustrated by a team's end of game performance than I was tonight watching the Jets. For those who weren't watching, Sanchez threw 4 interceptions (2 in or at the border of the end zone) and his last interception was thrown with under 2 minutes to go in the 4th.
The Jets' defense then proceeds to hammer the Tennessee offense and it's a quick 3 and out. Then Tennessee punts and it's blocked, ending up at the 25 yard line with ample time left to win the game. Basically, the Jets were given a miracle from above. Then, on the very first play of the offensive set, Sanchez fumbles the snap and the Titans recover, eliminating the Jets from the playoffs. I do not want to see him on the field in a Jets uniform ever again.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
he does suck, can't believe Rex stays with him

Reaction Score
As someone who has disliked the Jets severely ever since Rex showed up and started talking, I have found the Jets to be absolute must-see TV due to the horrific play of "The Sanchize" this season. Not sure how they can justify keeping as their starter at this point. Of course they don't exactly have a great backup.

Reaction Score
From what I have read, since the Jets re-worked Sanchez' contract in the offseason, it will be very difficult for them to cut him. Too much of a cap hit.

Maybe in his 5th season, the lightbulb will finally go on.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
As someone who has disliked the Jets severely ever since Rex showed up and started talking, I have found the Jets to be absolute must-see TV due to the horrific play of "The Sanchize" this season. Not sure how they can justify keeping as their starter at this point. Of course they don't exactly have a great backup.

I like Rex, but that's probably because I'm another fat guy prone to wearing sweater vests and making idiotic remarks. As far as Sanchez goes, yeah, we'll be stuck with him on the roster next year but I don't want him to sniff the field even if McElroy and Tebow (if they're still around) can't play. I'd sooner have them forfeit.

Reaction Score
Sanchez/Tebow are the worst QB combination in the NFL. The Jets are doomed until they can find a QB.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
As a dolphins fan, I LOVE the jets keeping Sanchez as their starter

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
And as a Jets fan, I LOVE that you chose Daunte Culpepper over Drew Brees.

Hah, we didn't CHOOSE Culpepper over Brees. Brees failed the team physical.

Butt-hurt about your QB situation? Tannehill hasnt played a full year and is clearly a better quarterback than Sanchez/Tebow and that's with basically NO weapons.

Reaction Score
As a Giants fan Eli drives me crazy but at least there is hope, with Sanchez there is zero hope. How do you turn it over twice in the last 2 possessions in Tennessee territory, that game was handed to Sanchez.

Reaction Score
As a Ravens fan, I have no sympathy for Jets fan. We've got our own QB without a brain.

Reaction Score
I'm far from the biggest Tebow backer, but if there was one team he could have helped, it would have been the 2012 Jets.

Consider:

1) The Jets were very limited from a skill position standpoint BEFORE Santonio Holmes went down. Their offensive talent now, not including quarterback, is a disgrace. Point being, even good quarterbacks would have had trouble getting the ball to these guys. Tebow obviously wouldn't have been able to, either, but at least he poses a threat of being able to pick up yards on the ground.

2) Sanchez's turnovers are what kill the Jets the most. As an Eagles fan I can tell you not giving the ball to the other team is half the battle from the perspective of an offense. Turnovers deplete momentum, directly give points to the other team, and throws the defense out of their rhythm because they now have to jump right back onto the field when they were expecting at least a quick break. Tebow is probably one of the worst quarterbacks in the league in terms of moving the ball, but at least he doesn't commit those 2-3 crippling turnovers a game. The 2012 Jets are actually molded similarly to the 2011 Broncos team that played decently with Tebow under center. If Tebow had played from the getgo, the Jets could have won the field position battle, relied on their defense, and won games in the fourth quarter. Obviously Tebow doesn't turn them into contenders, and he's certainly not their long-term option at QB, but I have to think they would have had a better chance of eeking out that sixth playoff spot in the AFC.

Reaction Score
Hah, we didn't CHOOSE Culpepper over Brees. Brees failed the team physical.

Butt-hurt about your QB situation? Tannehill hasnt played a full year and is clearly a better quarterback than Sanchez/Tebow and that's with basically NO weapons.

Right. So was Chad Henne.

Of all the things I feel bad about being a Jets fan, the thing that makes me smile is at least we're not the Dolphins.

Reaction Score
Of all the things I feel bad about being a Jets fan, the thing that makes me smile is at least we're not the Dolphins.

Why would that make you smile? It's not as if the Jets are better than the Dolphins. Two awful teams, two awful franchises. At least they have warm weather. You have New Jersey.

Reaction Score
Why would that make you smile? It's not as if the Jets are better than the Dolphins. Two awful teams, two awful franchises. At least they have warm weather. You have New Jersey.

Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl. That makes me smile.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
You'd rather have Tebow?

I'm a Pats fan, I really don't "want" anybody. I just don't understand how you can stay with a QB that's killing you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom