OT - Margo's video (CP talk and Sue Bird/Geno/Stewie swipe) | The Boneyard

OT - Margo's video (CP talk and Sue Bird/Geno/Stewie swipe)

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Like most of the orange folk, she just doesn't get it. It has nothing to do with Parker's basketball ability. She was left off the team because of something that happened in 2012.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Production tip: Don't sit next to a window that is allowing outside light to show through into your set. The glare is distracting. If you must use that particular room, sit with your back to the window so that the light shines on your face, which should be the focal point of your video. You want the viewers to focus on you, not the glare from the window behind you.

Margot's videos should be taken with a grain of salt. Margot no doubt believes what she's saying. Sometimes her comments are a little off base. These are HER personal views and observations, and as such she's entitled to them. While I'm always interested in what fans of other programs are thinking, I always consider the source, and weigh them accordingly. If nothing else, "Your girl" Margot is unique. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Who is speaking on guard play? Birds run is not over. This is her last stance. New guard play next time around.

Lets' see...UTenn guards qualified for Olympic consideration. Hmm---
How about in the W:
Alexis Hornbuckle seems finished along with Kara Lawson (who I thought should have made the last Olympic team) Shekinna Stricklen (not exactly a guard) is still active
Meighan Simmons is averaging a big 2.9 points a game for Atlanta and Ariel Massengale seems to have been cut or traded.

Who have I missed?
Kara was an outstanding guard and we are fortunate to regularly have the opportunity to be the beneficiaries of her BB IQ.
Massengale was Pat's anointed savior, whose performance (shortchanged by injury) never matched her hype.

Does anyone see a Sue...a Tiff...a Moriah?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
You have missed several UT players in the W including [mod edit] Glory Johnson who is one of only 3 UTenn alums starting. Catchings is in her well deserved swan song year, Parker is probably at the top of her non Olympic game and the rest of the ex UTenn players are usually listed in the "DNP coaches decision" section of the box score.

Just shows how far the UTenn program has fallen. They have not put a marquee player in the W since 2008. They just can't recruit or develop top tier players.

Last edited by a moderator:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
8843e179817aee04c31a71a293f4d98a.jpg

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
You have missed several UT players in the W including [mod edit] Glory Johnson who is one of only 3 UTenn alums starting. Catchings is in her well deserved swan song year, Parker is probably at the top of her non Olympic game and the rest of the ex UTenn players are usually listed in the "DNP coaches decision" section of the box score.

Just shows how far the UTenn program has fallen. They have not put a marquee player in the W since 2008. They just can't recruit or develop top tier players.

Left out those clearly not guards

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Production tip: Don't sit next to a window that is allowing outside light to show through into your set. The glare is distracting. If you must use that particular room, sit FACING the window so that the light shines on your face, which should be the focal point of your video. You want the viewers to focus on you, not the glare from the window behind you.

Margot's videos should be taken with a grain of salt. Margot no doubt believes what she's saying. Sometimes her comments are a little off base. These are HER personal views and observations, and as such she's entitled to them. While I'm always interested in what fans of other programs are thinking, I always consider the source, and weigh them accordingly. If nothing else, "Your girl" Margot is unique. :rolleyes:

Correction. That tip should have read: "facing the window".

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
There are people making college football videos. Is Margo the only one making videos about WCBB?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I like her videos.
Me too, she got guts... and taking message boards to another level. Tone, body language, emotion etc are clearly seen unlike comments where we assume all the previous mentioned

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Like most of the orange folk, she just doesn't get it. It has nothing to do with Parker's basketball ability. She was left off the team because of something that happened in 2012.

Yes, you are correct and several high profile and extremely knowledgeable and professional basketball minds with much more insight than us fans posting on message boards.

Agler - Basketball decisions should be about basketball, implying it had nothing to do with basketball.

“That pool of 25 (finalist) players is comprised of a lot of great players. When they got it down to 15 – those are all great players. The whole Olympic team is comprised of great players. But within that group, there’s a select core of elite players; the best of the best. And Candace is one of those. Candace is elite.”

Tina Thompson - former WNBA player and 2 time Olympian states it's 1 person and there's no mention of it being basketball related

Tina Thompson ‏@IamTinaThompson Apr 26
1f633.png
My face when I found out Candace Parker isn't on the USA Team! Smh...unbelievable how 1 person can diminish decades of work! #teamCP

Earving Magic Johnson - resume is unquestionable as a NCAA Champion, NBA Champion, Olympian, etc.

Earvin Magic JohnsonVerified account ‏@MagicJohnson Jun 4
My @LA_Sparks are 7-0 because of our defense, teamwork, 3pt shooting and Candace Parker has been playing like the best player in the league!

BUT THEN THERE'S THIS...(if LLL is still confused, is there any doubt as to why it's still so darned confusing to the fans?)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
@Justavisitor

Most Boneyarders felt that Candace should be on the USA Olympic team. I believe that all of us resent the suggestion that Parker was deleted by a mean-spirited and petty action by Geno solely to sneak an undeserving Stewie onto the roster.

Reaction Score
Vol Nation, your team has underachieved since Pat had to step down. Maybe you should worry about your own team and leave the Olympic team to those who won the gold medal in 2012. Your Orange roster is filled with talent and has shown very few results. If Diamond is so great, where are all the championships?

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
Vol Nation, your team has underachieved since Pat had to step down. Maybe you should worry about your own team and leave the Olympic team to those who won the gold medal in 2012. Your Orange roster is filled with talent and has shown very few results. If Diamond is so great, where are all the championships?
Well Candace was one of those that helped win the gold in 2012. Diamond has only played at TN one year so she couldn't really have multiple championships with TN yet anyway.

Since fans don't play or coach we can easily multitask and worry about both teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom