OT: Marcus King Band | The Boneyard

OT: Marcus King Band

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Just wanted to say that I was browsing the internet last night and came across an insanely talented blues band called Marcus King Band. So good that I wanted to make a thread about it and help to get their name out there. Their front man, Marcus King, is only 22 years old. There is so much good music coming out today from folks, it just doesn't end up becoming wildly popular. I truly think we're in the midst of a great renaissance in music compared to the last decade. Anyways, here's a song from their new album:

Reaction Score
They opened for the Tedeschi Trucks Band in Hartford last summer. Very good. And TTB was incredible, with Marcus joining them onstage for a couple songs

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Just wanted to say that I was browsing the internet last night and came across an insanely talented blues band called Marcus King Band. So good that I wanted to make a thread about it and help to get their name out there. Their front man, Marcus King, is only 22 years old. There is so much good music coming out today from folks, it just doesn't end up becoming wildly popular. I truly think we're in the midst of a great renaissance in music compared to the last decade. Anyways, here's a song from their new album:

Been listening to them for awhile. I believe they’re coming to the northeast soon. They’re also performing at this yard Woodstock

Reaction Score
Saw them two weeks ago at Garcia’s in Port Chester with a small show of 250 people. He did not disappoint

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Love the sound. Been trying to catch them live for the past couple years but keep missing. Watched a live webcast of a show a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it very much.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This is one case where Pittsburgh is actually caught up to the rest of the civilized world. He's on regular rotation on our public radio station and has played here couple of times now, although I haven't been yet. Seems to be a bit of a renaissance in non-hiphop R&B past couple of years (War & Treaty, Nathaniel Rateliff, Leon Bridges, Alabama Shakes, etc.)

Reaction Score
Excellent band. I also saw them last summer in Hartford with TTB. Then went up to see him at Pearl St. In Northampton last fall. Amazing show. Great mix of blues and southern soul...the crowd was a cool mix of us older rockers but a lot of 20-somethings. At least they looked that young to us. LOL ...great to see the "kids" checking out live music that had nothing to do with laptops. ;-)

Reaction Score
From his 11/2018 show in Northampton, MA
20181117_225423.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro