OT: marathon...Shalene one more time! | The Boneyard

OT: marathon...Shalene one more time!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
A few weeks ago Shalene Flanagan won the NYC marathon....the first American to do so
in decades There was much speculation that this would be her last race....it was her first major marathon win.
She was very emotional at the end of the race and in the presser...that only seemed to confirm a possible retirement.

BUT! I read today that she will be running Boston this April....no mention of whether this
is her last race. The NYC is a great marathon but Boston is still...and evermore....The King of
the [Heartbreak] Hill among marathons. Shalene is from eastern Ma....it seems incredibly appropriate...win or lose...that she make her own finish line at the one about a mile past Fenway Park.

Zero doubt that the fans will be all-in for one of the best American distance runners ever.

What's next? Maybe a coach of middle and distance runners at a track-oriented college...Oregon/'Nova/Providence?

Reaction Score
Great effort on her part, and as an aside she was wearing the Nike Vaporfly 4%, a shoe that has captured the interest of serious marathoners.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
My hat is off to her. I did my first marathon at 48; wish I'd started distance running earlier. I'd probably be mediocre by now if I'd started in my 30's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom