OT: Made for TV Christmas movie | The Boneyard

OT: Made for TV Christmas movie

Reaction Score
I am thinking of writing a "Made for TV Christmas movie" with the following premise:
1. A large corporation sends Miss A to a small, picturesque town with instructions to close the town's only factory (making rotary-dial telephones) by Christmas.
2. Mr. B is manager of the factory and a single parent with a 7 year old daughter.
3. A and B have a mutual distrust/dislike, but B's daughter loves A.
4. A and B eventually fall for each other until B overhears A on the phone to Corporate discussing the closure.
5. B sulks off refusing to talk to A. A packs to leave town and quit her job - but has a change of heart and comes up with a brilliant plan to save the factory and the town ( making luxury yachts).
6. With 7 days until Christmas, A and B working together retool the factory, retrain the workforce, secure orders, get in raw materials and manufacture and ship enough yachts to make the factory profitable.
7. Corporate sees the error of their ways, keeps the factory open, gives A a huge raise and makes B a vice-president.
8. A and B get married.

For the sequel I will change the sexes of A and B and the factory to a family-owned lodge.

Please offer your critique and suggest any changes you would make to this story.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I like it! It's "A Christmas in Vermont" but with the added wrinkle of the 7-year-old.

But can you get Chevy Chase as the evil boss making Miss A shut down the factory?

MV5BZDQwNDE2NTQtY2JjOC00NTM5LWE0ZDEtYTg1YWYxYjY1NDc4L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTU0NjY0NDg@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I am thinking of writing a "Made for TV Christmas movie" with the following premise:
1. A large corporation sends Miss A to a small, picturesque town with instructions to close the town's only factory (making rotary-dial telephones) by Christmas.
2. Mr. B is manager of the factory and a single parent with a 7 year old daughter.
4. A and B eventually fall for each other until B overhears A on the phone to Corporate discussing the closure.
5. B sulks off refusing to talk to A. A packs to leave town and quit her job - but has a change of heart and comes up with a brilliant plan to save the factory and the town ( making luxury yachts).
6. With 7 days until Christmas, A and B working together retool the factory, retrain the workforce, secure orders, get in raw materials and manufacture and ship enough yachts to make the factory profitable.
7. Corporate sees the error of their ways, keeps the factory open, gives A a huge raise and makes B a vice-president.
8. A and B get married.

For the sequel I will change the sexes of A and B and the factory to a family-owned lodge.

Please offer your critique and suggest any changes you would make to this story.
I might have been dreaming, but I swear my wife watched that movie last week. There could be some copyright issues if you proceed. ;)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Somehow, you have to get a 1954 Chev. pickup truck involved. Preferably red.
And a dog. There must be a dog. And Miss A should be from the little town. Leave the big city, return to her simple American roots. Proving again, in Hallmark tradition, that Thomas Wolfe really did not understand life. ;)

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

New in Town (2009)
A high-powered consultant in love with her upscale Miami lifestyle is sent to a middle-of-nowhere town in Minnesota to oversee the restructuring of a blue collar manufacturing plant. After enduring a frosty reception from the locals, icy roads and freezing weather, she warms up to the small town's charm, and eventually finds herself being accepted by the community. When she's ordered to close down the plant and put the entire community out of work, she's forced to reconsider her goals and priorities, and finds a way to save the town. Box Office: 29.01 million USD

Christmas Incorporated (2015)
Man inherited a company that has a toy factory in a small town. The town needs the factory to stay open. He goes to decide to keep or close the factory. Finds the meaning of Christmas along the way. Box Office: ???

Gung Ho (1986)
When a Japanese car company buys an American plant, the American liaison must mediate the clash of work attitudes between the foreign management and native labor. Box Office: 36.61 million USD

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I might have been dreaming, but I swear my wife watched that movie last week. There could be some copyright issues if you proceed. ;)
Probably did. It's pretty much the plot of at least one Hallmark movie every holiday season.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
8. A and B get married.

Oh, poor soul. You, too, have a Hallmark addict in the house - two channels of it. If we had an elevator it would be pumped in there too!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Maybe you should go in a different direction? A NJ girls goes to the smallest country in Europe to be nanny to the eligible prince's daughter as Christmas approaches and pressure mounts for the Prince to marry and once again multiply .... I think it has possibilities.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have also had this made for TV drama series in mind about women's basketball called, “For the Love of the Game” (has this been done before?). A big shout out to @brownale for making this possible (you could be the producer to this drama). With the following premise:

1. An ex NBA basketball star (Mr. B) packs a bag for a small, picturesque rural town called Storrs, CT to watch UConn basketball games.
2. Mr. B likes the Women’s college basketball brand of play, especially the coaching style of Mr. A.
3. Mr. A is the coach of this basketball team. He continually wins year in and year out.
4. Mr. B has a daughter that loves Mr. A, so much so, “she’s hell-bent on going to UConn” when she enters college.
5. A and B have a mutual admiration and respect for each other.
6. Mr. A, not sure how many years he will be coaching, he’s approaching retirement age.
7. Question becomes, will Mr. A be coaching in 5-6 years waiting for Mr. B’s daughter to become eligible for freshman year?

Forward 5-6 years ahead, the story continues to evolve.

8. As it turns out Mr. B’s daughter becomes a freshman at UConn and Mr. A is still there coaching.
9. One year later, Mr. A decides, for health reasons or his vineyards in California and Montella, Italy require his full attention and therefore he must retire from coaching.

This is where the plot takes a sudden spin.

10. During these past years the mutual respect between Mr. B and Mr. A has grown tenfold.
11. Mr. A asks Mr. B if he would like to take over the program for him. (what a shocking revelation to this first season)
12. Mr. B accepts the offer and becomes the next coach of the UConn Women’s basketball team, following the legendary Mr. A.
13. At this point, is when all other coaches around the country start to gather documents to submit to the NCAA for possible rules infractions conducted by Mr. A and Mr. B

Stay tuned for season two.

This is a fiction!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have also had this made for TV drama series in mind about women's basketball called, “For the Love of the Game” (has this been done before?). A big shout out to @brownale for making this possible (you could be the producer to this drama). With the following premise:

1. An ex NBA basketball star (Mr. B) packs a bag for a small, picturesque rural town called Storrs, CT to watch UConn basketball games.
2. Mr. B likes the Women’s college basketball brand of play, especially the coaching style of Mr. A.
3. Mr. A is the coach of this basketball team. He continually wins year in and year out.
4. Mr. B has a daughter that loves Mr. A, so much so, “she’s hell-bent on going to UConn” when she enters college.
5. A and B have a mutual admiration and respect for each other.
6. Mr. A, not sure how many years he will be coaching, he’s approaching retirement age.
7. Question becomes, will Mr. A be coaching in 5-6 years waiting for Mr. B’s daughter to become eligible for freshman year?

Forward 5-6 years ahead, the story continues to evolve.

8. As it turns out Mr. B’s daughter becomes a freshman at UConn and Mr. A is still there coaching.
9. One year later, Mr. A decides, for health reasons or his vineyards in California and Montella, Italy require his full attention and therefore he must retire from coaching.

This is where the plot takes a sudden spin.

10. During these past years the mutual respect between Mr. B and Mr. A has grown tenfold.
11. Mr. A asks Mr. B if he would like to take over the program for him. (what a shocking revelation to this first season)
12. Mr. B accepts the offer and becomes the next coach of the UConn Women’s basketball team, following the legendary Mr. A.
13. At this point, is when all other coaches around the country start to gather documents to submit to the NCAA for possible rules infractions conducted by Mr. A and Mr. B

Stay tuned for season two.

This is a fiction!

You may want to consider a career in writing tool manuals.

Reaction Score
My wife is a Hallmark and Hallmark Movies and Mysteries junkie :( this time of year and we have our TV on one of those channels almost all day (except when she is watching her Soaps, or Survivor):eek:. Unfortunately, Your plot line sounds a LOT like more than a few of the shows I have had to watch this year...some of them more than twice. :rolleyes: I hate to burst your bubble, but I think you might have trouble with that plot line. The suggestion of the basketball plot line might be unique. GOOD LUCK

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The female lead could be Candice Cameron or that chick from Wonder Years. Not that I watch any Hallmark movies....

There must be 9 thousand versions of this theme playing on Hallmark. I don't see how you can write a script without being sued for plagerism. Wife watched the Candace Cameron version yesterday. I watched about 2 minutes and then left the room to puke. I didn't return, choosing instead to watch an installment of the History Channel's blood and gore "Vikings" just to restore my manly self respect.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Probably did. It's pretty much the plot of at least one Hallmark movie every holiday season.

In a distant sense, yes. But I could not find this precisee plot in the top 25-30 Hallmark movies (according to someone). Although most Hallmark movies do have the feel of this plot. A non-Hallmark movie New in Town (2009) is as close as I could get with a cursory scan of similar movie plots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom