OT- LV Player who transferred out | The Boneyard

OT- LV Player who transferred out

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
not K-Davis. I looked all over the place. She was probably a #1 player in the country... I think she had knee issues. Dang I hate to ask at this time but it's killing me. She may have gone to GTech or GA. or didn't play at all. HELP, I'm thinking in the last ten years. I dont know why she just popped into my head.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
not K-Davis. I looked all over the place. She was probably a #1 player in the country... I think she had knee issues. Dang I hate to ask at this time but it's killing me. She may have gone to GTech or GA. or didn't play at all. HELP, I'm thinking in the last ten years. I dont know why she just popped into my head.
You may be thinking of Jannah Tucker. She was not #1 but fairly close #8 per ESPN and she transferred to Villanova. Tucker played on a Philly Belles team with Stewie and Britney Sikes and as crazy as this sounds at times she was the best player on that team. Her bad knees were the result of being abused by a boyfriend.

Reaction Score
You may be thinking of Jannah Tucker. She was not #1 but fairly close #8 per ESPN and she transferred to Villanova. Tucker played on a Philly Belles team with Stewie and Britney Sikes and as crazy as this sounds at times she was the best player on that team. Her bad knees were the result of being abused by a boyfriend.

Please tell me that last point isn't true. If it is, it's horrible.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Nah... earlier

Reaction Score
I believe you’re thinking of Sa’de Wiley-Gatewood. She transferred to Maryland and sat out a year and then played one year. Hers knees were in bad shape at that point, she was a reserve. It was the 2008-09 season.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Mimi Collins played as a freshman in 2018-19
Now, quite effective for Maryland, 10.7 points

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
changed her last name to Sumski, I guess due to marriage. She's a head coach

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
She transferred to Rhodes College in Tenn. A D3 school

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Avant- was in a horrible car accident before her Tenn career started

Reaction Score

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
That part about #1 in the class threw me off "Rated the 28th-best prospect in the nation by ESPNU Hoopgurlz 100."
Yeah, that’s what it was... early verbal (interest). Shows how much I remembered about her. I went thru all of LV rosters and found her. Lotta interesting names on those rosters BBass, KCain etc.

Reaction Score
Lauren Avant is who I'm thinking of
Avant committed to UT at age 14 and was considered to be the top player in the class at one point. She was in a terrible auto accident in high school and her ranking dropped. She still had good career and I think could have been a factor at UT but Pat seemed intent on Massengail being the PG and this was at the time when she was struggling with her disease. Lauren transferred back home to Rhodes and dominated at the D3 level. She's now the HC at Lipscomb in Nashville.

UT had their share of transfers under Summitt. SWG was the starting PG when she transferred mid season. It was a tough break up and she publicly said she couldn't play "her game" I don't think there was much love lost when she headed to Maryland but sadly her knee problems kept her from ever playing to her perceived potential.

Reaction Score
Tough to read, makes you wonder why anyone would hurt someone they care about.
They are vulgar, horrible . . . Don't even know a word for those psychos. They're not human, and to call them animals is a disservice to the animals. Can't do anything about it unfortunately. It's always after the fact that something is done. Sometimes it's too late to do anything. That's the worst part, when it's too late.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Avant committed to UT at age 14 and was considered to be the top player in the class at one point. She was in a terrible auto accident in high school and her ranking dropped. She still had good career and I think could have been a factor at UT but Pat seemed intent on Massengail being the PG and this was at the time when she was struggling with her disease. Lauren transferred back home to Rhodes and dominated at the D3 level. She's now the HC at Lipscomb in Nashville.

UT had their share of transfers under Summitt. SWG was the starting PG when she transferred mid season. It was a tough break up and she publicly said she couldn't play "her game" I don't think there was much love lost when she headed to Maryland but sadly her knee problems kept her from ever playing to her perceived potential.
Gatewood... wow, great memories of those basketball years

Reaction Score
Gatewood... wow, great memories of those basketball years
She clearly had some talent but wasn't able to overcome her bad knees. I think there was some family involvement too that made her less than an ideal player in Summitt's system. That being said, when UT beat Uconn in 2005 to end the losing streak to them it was because of SWG's play in that game.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
She clearly had some talent but wasn't able to overcome her bad knees. I think there was some family involvement too that made her less than an ideal player in Summitt's system. That being said, when UT beat Uconn in 2005 to end the losing streak to them it was because of SWG's play in that game.
Sade was good, dang the good ol’ days

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom