OT- Louisville Student Denied $38k For Halfcourt Shot Because He Played High School Basketball | The Boneyard

OT- Louisville Student Denied $38k For Halfcourt Shot Because He Played High School Basketball

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
http://deadspin.com/louisville-stud...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

A Louisville sophomore who won $38,000 at a women’s basketball game by hitting a layup, a free throw, a three-pointer and a half-court shot has now been told that he cannot receive the money because he played basketball in high school.

Jackson Logsdon pulled off the feat during halftime on Thursday. Afterwards, however, he was told that he would not be eligible for the prize money because he has played high school basketball in the last six years.

Logsdon played for three years in high school and “mostly came off the bench his senior year,” according to the Louisville Courier-Journal. A Louisville athletics spokesman confirmed that Logsdon “didn’t meet a couple of the stipulations, which are very specific” as set by the company in charge of the contest, though the spokesman did not say why the 20-year-old was allowed to participate in the first place if it should have been immediately clear that he would never have eligible to collect the winnings.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Maybe he lied, maybe he just initialed it quickly without reading it. Either way, sorry buddy.

Reaction Score
After watching countless of these shooting contests at games over the years, has anybody else ever questioned how these people are selected? I have wondered whether they ask these people if they have a basketball background because a lot of these people that participate look like they never shot a basketball in their life. Obviously it would seem like that is the type of person they want because they dont want to make it easy for them to hand out thousands of dollars in prizes all the time.

Reaction Score
He initialed a strangely worded statement, "I am NOT a former college, high school or Olympic player who....." Generally one would expect the ordering to be logical or sequential (e.g. "high school, college or Olympic player"). It won't help him but I suspect the kid just didn't read it carefully. Insert jokes about reading comprehension at Louisville CC here..............

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Did they award him a participation trophy instead?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom