OT: Looking for Kayak | The Boneyard

OT: Looking for Kayak

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I went to Collinsville Kayak today looking to gather some info for my first ever kayak purchase. I'm a total beginner and am looking for a kayak that can get through calm waters as well as low level whitewater (probably up to level 3). I was recommended the Dagger Katana 9.7 (link below) but the price point was just too high for me at about 1,100. Anyone on the BY know of similar models at lower price points? Or anyone have a used kayak they're looking to get rid of?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I went to Collinsville Kayak today looking to gather some info for my first ever kayak purchase. I'm a total beginner and am looking for a kayak that can get through calm waters as well as low level whitewater (probably up to level 3). I was recommended the Dagger Katana 9.7 (link below) but the price point was just too high for me at about 1,100. Anyone on the BY know of similar models at lower price points? Or anyone have a used kayak they're looking to get rid of?
No link. I've thought about getting one for years, so I'd be interested in reading what people suggest. I've got a few overnight good trips that I've done in canoes over the years so once you get used to it PM if you are interested.

Reaction Score
PM me. I have kayaked for almost 50 years, raced, even manufactured them out of my garage. Tell me what you want to do: whitewater (play boat, creek/river runner, etc.), flatwater, sea kayaking. There are a million choices.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom