OT- looking for 1 Springsteen tix Weds | The Boneyard

OT- looking for 1 Springsteen tix Weds

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I may be downtown for business Weds. Anybody with an extra for sale? Thanks.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Good luck with that.

EDIT - looks like some "cheap" seats available on the XL website.

Last edited:

GemParty

Reaction Score
Let's see if lucks on my side, beyond the cheap seats.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure they had some left on xl's website. I'm a big Bruce fan and he usually drops tickets to try to bring down the secondary market.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Pretty sure they had some left on xl's website. I'm a big Bruce fan and he usually drops tickets to try to bring down the secondary market.
Interesting. Are you attending too?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'll be there. No extras, sorry. I'm in one of the "ticketless" sections. Never done that before and it feels strange going to a concert without my ticket, but they've apparently done it plenty of times before with no issues of which I know.

The XL just dropped some rear stage tickets on Friday and a co-worker picked up a pair. A friend who sat rear stage for the first time at his Boston show last week loved the perspective. You can sign up for ticket drop alerts through the XL ticket website; that's how I got notified of the last drop and was able to let her know.

And as @gampelcrazies notes, Bruce usually drops some more nice seats within a day or two of the show. Check the fan forum website Backstreets for chatter about that, as they are usually the first ones on it.

Get ready for a looooooong show. 3.5+ hours.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just saw him in DC last week and heading up to Philly on Thursday for our game vs. Temple then staying to see Bruce again on Friday. This show is awesome, especially if you like the River album.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Last time Bruce played the XL, Chris Christie showed up. I bet he stops by on his way home from NH, given that he has a lot more time on his hands.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No such thing as a bad Bruce show imo, but I didn't love last night's show as much as I have loved seeing him previously. The River was never one of my favorites of his albums, and I think it dragged at times. It also limits the spontaneity with respect to the rest of the set list. I liked his last Hartford show a lot better.

The sound/mix also appeared off to me last night. Very muddled imo.

Reaction Score
No such thing as a bad Bruce show imo, but I didn't love last night's show as much as I have loved seeing him previously. The River was never one of my favorites of his albums, and I think it dragged at times. It also limits the spontaneity with respect to the rest of the set list. I liked his last Hartford show a lot better.

This was my 2nd show of the tour (saw him at msg) and me personally I love the river. But I wish that he would play one side of the river and would that leave around 20 songs to be different.

Reaction Score
This was my 2nd show of the tour (saw him at msg) and me personally I love the river. But I wish that he would play one side of the river and would that leave around 20 songs to be different.

Yea, I love The River, but I can see how some of the ballads towards the end slow down the show a bit

Reaction Score

The River is my favorite Springsteen record so I hope to see him on this tour. Although there is no such thing as a bad Bruce show I wasn't thrilled with the solo show he did in Bridgeport. BTW does anyone remember Bruce playing at UConn with Aerosmith?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Although there is no such thing as a bad Bruce show I wasn't thrilled with the solo show he did in Bridgeport.
You mean the "Sit Down, Shut the duck* Up and Listen" acoustic tour several years ago? Yeah, that wasn't a favorite of mine, either.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I agree and disagree. I appreciated the different approach this show. Yes, a few draggie parts. I wouldn't have missed Wreck on the Highway. But he was great, the band was having fun. And I found his soliloquies to particularly affecting. I'm getting older by the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom