OT: - "LIVE" music videos | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: "LIVE" music videos

Reaction Score
Some say "age" others say "quality."

Anyway, I'm a millineial not an old fart (yet)

Come on now, you're telling me the Stones, the Beatles, Bruce, Run-DMC, Pink Floyd, Chicago, Queen aren't all from a certain length of time ago? They just have quality in common?

I'd be lying if I said that I haven't enjoyed at least a track from each of those, but I wanted to inject some more modern live recordings into the equation. Listening to live music on youtube is a hobby of mine so I have to rack my brain/favorites lists

Reaction Score
Come on now, you're telling me the Stones, the Beatles, Bruce, Run-DMC, Pink Floyd, Chicago, Queen aren't all from a certain length of time ago? They just have quality in common?

I'd be lying if I said that I haven't enjoyed at least a track from each of those, but I wanted to inject some more modern live recordings into the equation. Listening to live music on youtube is a hobby of mine so I have to rack my brain/favorites lists

Lol I'm just giving you a hard time, it's allll good

Reaction Score
Lol I'm just giving you a hard time, it's allll good

Okay, its what I assumed but... you never know around here

Here's a talented soulful solo guy who transforms himself into a full band with a looper

Reaction Score
I forgot about Woodstock and 'Soul Sacrifice' by Santana! I've probably watched that video at least 20 times. That was the break that made Santana big, from there they just steamrolled through the 70's with their first 3 albums hitting the top 10 and going gold.

Another one I would add to my list of LIVE performances is an Australian band called Midnight Oil. Check out "Beds are burning", and "Put down that weapon", you won't be disappointed.

Reaction Score

Slightly OT but I think its a great story. I was at Bar in New Haven the other night and I am hanging out once of the hightops near the bar. I look over next to me and there is this Iphone playing a live Concert on YouTube. Turns out its a Queen Concert at a festival. No one is around the phone but my friend and I so I thought it was pretty peculiar.

I look across the room to the other end where people are playing pool and this oddball guy is wearing bluetooth headphones. Guy is listening to the Queen Concert on his headphones while its video streaming across the room while playing pool. One of the oddest things I've seen in my life.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
There's a certain 'age' to all of the other videos that had been shared to that point, merely making an unsafe assumption

I graduated in the late 70s. I can't stand listening to 90% of what was recorded in that decade. Been there, done that, moved on...

Anyway, no idea what your musical tastes are, but if you get a chance to see these guys live, take it. Always a great show, pretty bizarre, musically excellent, hard to categorize. And Slim is just a really nice guy.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I like to hit up YouTube and just search songs or artists a like plus the words "cover song" or simply "Cover". Cool to see what other artists, huge or unknown are doing with these songs.
This is a band out of NYC covering Joe Cocker (basically)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Another one I would add to my list of LIVE performances is an Australian band called Midnight Oil. Check out "Beds are burning", and "Put down that weapon", you won't be disappointed.

It's sad you think you have to explain Midnight Oil. They once caused a massive traffic tie up in NYC 20+ years ago, shutting down 6th Ave with an impromptu protest concert in front of Exxon HQ...

Reaction Score
It's sad you think you have to explain Midnight Oil. They once caused a massive traffic tie up in NYC 20+ years ago, shutting down 6th Ave with an impromptu protest concert in front of Exxon HQ...

Not to be a jerk, but...not everyone on this board knows who Midnight Oil are. I was just pointing out who they were and what live performances of theirs that I liked and thought others might like as well.

As you so wonderfully pointed out; if you knew who they were, then you already knew about their impromptu performance in front of the Exxon HQ bldg. in NYC and the ensuing chaos it caused. What's sad is that you thought you had to explain that, since we already knew. Take care and thank you for your input.

Reaction Score
I always liked this very simple solo performance of "Veronica" by Elvis Costello, not great quality visual, but his voice is so good!

(Sorry, I can't figure out how to do the links to video)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom