OT: Live Music in Hartford Area ? | The Boneyard

OT: Live Music in Hartford Area ?

Reaction Score
Back in the mid 90's when I was 30ish I used to use the Hartford Advocate to find a listing of live bands playing each night of the week. Is there something online now that would provide a comprehensive listing of entertainment choices at local bars? Looking for some good live music within a half hour of Hartford tonight. Thanks.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
That’s right. I’m the first one that went off tangent with a post here. My bad.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I do feel like we have a real dearth of quality live music in the area. As others have mentioned, New Haven is a bit better than Hartford...Cafe Nine is supposed to have some good bands that play, and Owl Shop has bands play on the weekend I think. When I was at Owl Shop I heard a great folk band. Arch St Tavern in Hartford does funk night on Wednesday nights which is really fun.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I do feel like we have a real dearth of quality live music in the area. As others have mentioned, New Haven is a bit better than Hartford...Cafe Nine is supposed to have some good bands that play, and Owl Shop has bands play on the weekend I think. When I was at Owl Shop I heard a great folk band. Arch St Tavern in Hartford does funk night on Wednesday nights which is really fun.

As someone who works in both cities frequently
Hartford has 2 rooms
Arch st
Infinity

New haven
Toads
College st
Pacific standard
Stella blues
Cafe nine
Owl

And more

Now I really like arch st and infinity. Both excellent music rooms. But that’s all there is.

In new haven walk on college st on a weekend night and there are people there going club to club.

Honestly Fairfield ave in Bridgeport is better than Hartford

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
That’s right. I’m the first one that went off tangent with a post here. My bad.
Then again, I just got back home from serving Chris Stamey & Peter Holsapple at Cafe Nine, and it was excellent.

Reaction Score
What did you serve them?

Not soup but soon enough.

After bacon season, it's corn & peaches, then apples & pears, big squash (yeah, some soup), sock season, baseball season, CWOS, colorful dying leaves, actual UConn basketball games, "the holidays," and football season . . . all of which precede soup season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom