OT: link to the GHO scoreboard | The Boneyard

OT: link to the GHO scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
http://www.pga.com/news/golf-leaderboard/pga-tour-leaderboard

OK...it is officially The Travelers Championship but to me the GHO moniker is timeless.
Just a peek at the leaders after 9 holes or so tells you this is no Merion. This year the field is actually pretty decent....being a 4 hour drive from last week's event helps. Supposedly nice weather thru Sunday....hope the crowds are big.

BTW: given how the UConn women's team is supported, the LPGA should try to get an annual event
in Ct. Get our team....coaches....players...HuskyNan....you name it....involved with it. Think the amateurs in the Pro-Am might get agog if the players volunteered to caddy?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I volunteered the for a long time. Stopped back in 2003 or so. I am kind of surprised the course still is scheduled by the Tour. I guess the players need an easy week.It would have been a gallery nightmare if Tiger ever showed up back in the early 2000s

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Cromwell after the Open is a nice change of pace for the players.....as is Hilton Head the week after the Masters.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Well, I can attest it has been a fun first two rounds out at the TPC. Great weather, good crowds, some very interesting golf.

If you have not been back since the "old days", you would be pleasantly surprised by the course improvements and the humongous (and amazing) 23 acre practice facilty. Field of players is good, too!

Travelers gives all their net proceeds from the Tournament to charity - over $1 million last year, including a nice chunk to the Hole In The Wall Gang Camp for very sick children.

As one of the highest attended events on the Tour (no,not bigger than Scottsdale), it will probably be scheduled after the Open as long as Travelers wants it to be. BTW - they send a plane to Open to bring the players and their families to Hartford.

You should go back, you would enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr