OT - Lies, Cheating, Questionable Processes and Thugery | The Boneyard

OT - Lies, Cheating, Questionable Processes and Thugery

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Hernandez, Spikes, Dennard, Stallworth, Haynesworth, Blount, et al. Patriots are scum.

Reaction Score
Hernandez, Spikes, Dennard, Stallworth, Haynesworth, Blount, et al. Patriots are scum.
"Patriots are scum" seems a little harsh. Opportunistic yes....scummy hmmm.... show me a team in the NFL that in their storied histories hasn't done something questionable and before I get branded a (holding my nose) Patriots fan let me assure you my loyalties have been with the Cowboys since '67. Their cheerleaders got me hooked along with the "Doomsday Defense".....but the cheerleaders :)

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
So the Patriots were the ones who were getting Spikes drunk and then forced him to play DUI slalom with deer and people at 3:30am?

I would like someone, anyone, to name ONE active NFL roster that doesn't have several names on it with a "checkered past". Just one. It's the new era of football - bigger players, bigger money, bigger problems.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

This is an interesting statement. Belichick is such a football mastermind that crimes are now part of his offensive game plan. "Okay Aaron this what you do: Schuck the end, go up 10 yards, shoot Odin Lloyd in the face, square out, and leave the rest up to #12. Touchdown!!!"

Spikes was given a second chance. He blew it. That's on him.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Spikes was given a second chance. He blew it. That's on him.

Agree. The Patriots certainly weren't pouring him drinks at 3am. That's on him as well as the decision to get behind the wheel.

NFL rosters are littered with checkered histories. Every roster has not just one, but several players with some sort of character flag(s).

Reaction Score
Agree. The Patriots certainly weren't pouring him drinks at 3am. That's on him as well as the decision to get behind the wheel.

NFL rosters are littered with checkered histories. Every roster has not just one, but several players with some sort of character flag(s).
I think during the off season they should all be locked in cages where they can exercise and eat to be prepared for the following season. Oh wait...there was a team back in the day that used to do that. Think they were called the Roman Gladiators. Wonder how the Lions(Detroit) would do against them? They could probably run faster...probably would need to.

Reaction Score
So the Patriots were the ones who were getting Spikes drunk and then forced him to play DUI slalom with deer and people at 3:30am?

I would like someone, anyone, to name ONE active NFL roster that doesn't have several names on it with a "checkered past". Just one. It's the new era of football - bigger players, bigger money, bigger problems.

I believe the theory is that the Patriots fill their roster with low character types who get, drunk, high, violent and just plain terrorize the populace.

Reaction Score
I believe the theory is that the Patriots fill their roster with low character types who get, drunk, high, violent and just plain terrorize the populace.

I see it more as the ongoing social conundrum of trying to balance the worthy concept of personal responsibility with the laudable concept of second chances. Some of these guys who simply won't accept the former, don't deserve the latter.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Lack of institutional control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads