OT: Lemon Tree Help | The Boneyard

OT: Lemon Tree Help

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Tips of most of the leaves are yellow with some red/orange. New growth has some yellow shading but not nearly as bad as the rest of the plant. The tips of some of the leaves that have yellow are also browning. I added a citrus fertilizer to it as well. Also an acidic mixture. It has been outside with the rain and the cool temps of the last two weeks

I need help

Reaction Score
Tips of most of the leaves are yellow with some red/orange. New growth has some yellow shading but not nearly as bad as the rest of the plant. The tips of some of the leaves that have yellow are also browning. I added a citrus fertilizer to it as well. Also an acidic mixture. It has been outside with the rain and the cool temps of the last two weeks

I need help

typically that’s a sign that it needs nitrogen. Try some 10-10-10 osmocote and give it a long gentle shower. Don’t let it bake in the direct sun right away as it will get sunburnt.

Reaction Score
Possible that the move indoors to outdoors has shocked it? Try to look that up. Sometimes plants can be finicky about where they are and if this "outdoor" plant has been babied indoors, maybe it didn't know how to react to the outdoor elements. Just my thoughts.

Reaction Score
Mine died after a 5 years of great success. Used to put it out every year. Same thing happened. Really bummed me out. Check closely under the leaves for small mites or mold. There is a copper based fungicide some say might help. Didn’t help me. I tried everything. The one thing that might help if you get desperate is getting rid of the soil to eliminate any mold or pests. and repotting. Sorry, dude. It’s a bummer.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
typically that’s a sign that it needs nitrogen. Try some 10-10-10 osmocote and give it a long gentle shower. Don’t let it bake in the direct sun right away as it will get sunburnt.
They gave me this

Do you prune the yellow and brown-tipped leaves off the plan?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Possible that the move indoors to outdoors has shocked it? Try to look that up. Sometimes plants can be finicky about where they are and if this "outdoor" plant has been babied indoors, maybe it didn't know how to react to the outdoor elements. Just my thoughts.
Yeah, I’ve been thinking the same thing just not sure if the cooler house will bother it. It was flowering late spring/early summer with some green lemons. Now nothing

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

It’s called “ hardening”

you have to “harden”plants that were started indoors by gradually acclimating them to outdoors. Starting with just an hour or two a day and Increasing over a period of a couple weeks.

Reaction Score
I have 2 lemon trees in CT. Both are doing well. I fed each tree at the start of the outdoor season by drilling down into the pot and filling 6 holes/tubes with milorganite. I use a citrus feed every 3-4 weeks. In this heat I water every day. I just saw some new flowers coming out this weekend. They get a lot of sun.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I was just wondering what makes me think @UConnSwag11 will save that lemon tree plant.

It's because he has high hopes. I know he has high hopes. They're actually high apple pie, in the sky kinda hopes.

Reaction Score
Anyone have success with smaller indoor citrus plants? Also, rooting for your lemon tree to pull through!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom