OT: leaderboard for PGA championship in Georgia | The Boneyard

OT: leaderboard for PGA championship in Georgia

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
TOUR Championship 2018| Golf Channel

only 30 players left....tee times don't start till almost noon.

Ryder Cup [!!!] next week in France! IMO...we have lost about 6 in a row overseas...THIS year we win due to our twenty-somethings being better than their twenty-somethings.

Reaction Score
I have long thought that the problem with the US team is the pressure they put on themselves playing for their country while the Euros are playing for an organization (The European Federation) to which they have little attachment.
The US players are also subjected to endless PR duties, having to attend meet and greets away from the course with VIP attendees who pay huge fees for player access. It disrupts the players' individual structures for preparing to play. In addition it's played in a format that is archaic. It would be like holding the women's basketball world championships under the old 6 player format where offense and defensive players have to stay on their own side of the half court line. Match play and two ball formats are great for spectating but if the idea is to identify the best team it would be better to use medal play.
Personally I dislike events like this or the Olympics that use national allegiances to hype an event that is essentially a commercial venture. But I will watch in any event. It will be great theater.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom